Where is Victoria Falls Located? This my friends is not a stupid question by any means what so ever. Did you know that there are people living in Africa that have heard of Victoria Falls but would be hard pressed to point it out on a map (including a few educated friends of mine).
Just a little something on me AKA James – I have been to Victoria Falls over 150 times in my life, so yes I know a fair bit on the subject.
So first up, a map……
This is an map that I am going to keep updating, in terms of where, what and how as well as everything in between, for those who ask “Where is Victoria Falls“.
Secondly some facts on Victoria Falls;
- Width of 1708 metres.
- Height of 108 metres.
- There are 6 principal gorges down stream from her.
- Discovered by David Livingstone (first European that is) on the 17 November 1855.
- Indigenous/ Local name of ‘Mosi-oa-Tunya’.
- Archaeological digs from around the falls area have yielded Homo habilis artifacts from around 3 million years ago.
- The Victoria Falls Hotel was opened in 1904.
- The Victoria Falls Bridge was officially opened on the 12 September 1905.
- 300,000 people were visiting the falls annually at the end of the 1990’s, Robert Mugabe single handedly put a end to these numbers.
- The are two National Parks in the Area, namely “Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park” on the Zambian Side and “Victoria Falls National Park” on the Zimbabwean side.
Thirdly what to do;
- Relax and enjoy the location.
- Sunset cruize.
- Whitewater River Rafting.
- Lunar Rainbow.
- Game Drives.
- Bridge Tours.
- Helicopter Rides.
- Lion Walks.
- Hot Air Ballooning Vic Falls
- Bungee jumping
- Jet Boat Safari
- Chobe Safari Day Trip
- Canoe Safaris
- Crocodile Farm (Zimbabwean Side)
- Tiger Fishing
- Quad Biking Victoria Falls
- Steam Rail Safaris (Zambian Side)
- High Wire Victoria Falls
- Elephant Safaris
- Horse Safaris
- Walking Safaris around Victoria Falls
- Cultural Tours
- Swimming Devils Pool
- Livingstone Island Tour
- And so much more, seriously just contact us at Uyaphi and we will sort everything out for you or you can book activities once you arrive and figure out what you feel like doing (the choice is yours)….
And lastly where to stay;
Have a look at our portfolio of “Victoria Falls Lodges“, again the choice is yours based on what your budget is as well as what you are looking for.
The Uyaphi team