South Africa Travel
"South Africa isn't just beautiful, it is achingly beautiful," wrote Bill Clinton. This "world within one country" boasts some of the world's most breathtaking landscapes, mountain ranges and canyons, wildlife reserves and National parks, tropical forest and deserts, endless beaches, rivers, streams and wetlands, and the iconic Table Mountain in Cape Town.
South Africa is larger than France and Spain combined; the country takes up four percent of the total African continent, spanning 1 219 912 square kilometres (and for more comparatives, five times greater than the United Kingdom as well as nearly twice the size of Texas). South Africa has 2 954 kilometres of coastline and a total land border of 4 750 kilometres.
Situated at the most southern part of Africa, bordered by Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Mozambique in the North as well as flanked by the Atlantic Ocean in the West and the warm Indian Ocean in East.
Your personal South Africa Travel Agent who will simplify your selection of accommodation as well as activities. Our expert travel consultants are at hand to design custom bespoke itineraries ensuring not only that you get the best value for any destination you seek but also incorporate your preferred activities arranged to maximise your holiday time and minimise the time you waste at airports and transfers.
- Kruger National ParkThe Greater Kruger region of South Africa is one of Africa's finest wildlife destinations with safari lodges and camps suited for all budgets and tastes. The "Big 5" sighting and experience that the Kruger National Park, Timbavati and Sabi Sand offer is unrivalled in Southern Africa.
- KwaZulu Natal TravelThe Kingdom of the Zulu, KwaZulu Natal South Africa is the melting pot of African, European and Indian cultures in South Africa. A popular holiday destination for holidaymakers from other provinces flocking to its sandy shores and incredible surf. The province is famed for the Drakensberg, the Midlands Meander, Battlefields and Zululand.
- Eastern Cape TravelA land of rolling hills, endless sweeps of rocky coves, sandy beaches, towering mountains and "Malaria Free" game reserves. Mountain Zebra National Park, Addo Elephant National Park, Shamwari Game Reserve, Amakala Game Reserve and Port Elizabeth are some of the many destinations on offer.
- Garden Route TravelThe Garden Route of South Africa lies a few hours drive from Cape Town. The region is spectacularly rich in terms of establishments, scenery and activities; beaches, forests, lakes, lagoons and meandering rivers are all on offer. The Garden Route is the perfect add-on when visiting Cape Town.
- South Africa Game ReservesNational Parks, private game reserves and wildlife orientated attractions in South Africa including Addo Elephant Park, Cape Point, Drakensberg, Hluhluwe Umfolozi, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Kruger National Park, Madikwe, Phinda, Sabi Sands, Table Mountain and Timbavati.
- South Africa Safety TipsThis is an essential guide for safety tips while in any of the South African cities or on a safari in the African bushveld. Traveling around South Africa can and most probably will be safe, but as in any destination on the planet - listen to your instincts and use common sense.
- South Africa Visa RequirementsSouth Africa visa requirement information, who needs visas, who does not (everyone does), when travelling with children under the age of 18 as well as what vaccinations are required. This a small yet informative page on what is taken to get into the country as a traveller.
- South Africa WeatherSouth Africa is famous for her sunshine and for good reason, the country enjoys a temperate and pleasant climate year round. On this page, you will find information on weather in certain areas of the country as well as weather-based websites and weather applications for your mobile devices.
- South Africa MapA South African travel map in which we list most (if not all) of the hotels, B&B's, guesthouses, safari lodges and camps that we feature on Uyaphi.com. In the not too distant future, we will bee adding attractions, destinations as well as points of interest and national parks to this map. It is going to get rather big :)