Booking Conditions For Uyaphi.com
In this time of the covid-19 pandemic, we have to rely on each and every one of our supplier's individual "Covid 19 Terms And Conditions", these will be forwarded to you as the booking moves forward. We have over 1500 individual safari and product suppliers from Ethiopia all the way down to Cape Town and everything in between, each one of these suppliers has a similar but slightly different set of "Covid 19 Terms And Conditions", these will differ per country and region. It has got to the point now where we can not keep up with the almost weekly changes that occur. We will endeavour to keep you informed at all times during the booking and travelling aspect of your future African Safari with us.
How To Book;
- Please complete the form attached to each Accommodation, Tour or Activity page of the website (www.uyaphi.com), upon confirmation/ agreement of Accommodation, Tours or Activity rates and dates (by both parties) a 30% non-refundable deposit of the application fare is due to secure the booking.
- The booking fee is accepted as part of the inclusive fare and will only be refunded if the applicant cannot be accommodated. Please note that reservations cannot be made or confirmed without a deposit.
- The balance of the fare is payable to Uyaphi.com eight weeks/ two months prior to the date of departure. If the full amount is not paid in due time, Uyaphi.com reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled. *Bookings made less than 60 days prior to your departure, - payment is required in full.*
- Late applicants however may join the Safari/ Tour on an "accommodation available" basis.
- On receipt of your full payment, Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC will send vouchers, tour information, clothing lists etc. Please ensure that you receive the information before you leave on safari.
- Properties, Establishments and services within South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho and Namibia are payable in South African Rand or the equivalent in US$ and EURO (€).
- Properties, Establishments and services within Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, Malawi, Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya (or any other African country other than above) are payable in US$ and EURO (€) only.
- Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC does not accept payment by CHEQUE, under any circumstance due to FRAUD.
- Due to high bank charges for both parties NO bank transfers under R2500.00 / €300.00 / U$400.00 accepted.
- When settling invoices, payments or bills in South African Rand, Credit Card payments and Bank Transfers are available.
- When settling invoices, payments or bills in US$, Bank Transfers to Uyaphi Safaris CC's US$ Account is available only.
- When settling invoices, payments or bills in EURO', Bank Transfers to Uyaphi Safaris CC's EURO Account is available only.
- Any transaction via American Express (AMEX) under R150,000.00 is subject to a 1.5% swipe fee – this will be debited along with the cost of your invoice – a swipe fee line will be added to your paid invoice.
- In this contract the following words shall have the corresponding meanings unless the context otherwise indicates and the same meanings shall be applicable mutatis mutandis to the booking conditions:
- Uyaphi.com - means - Uyaphi Safaris CC (trading as Uyaphi.com).
- The Client - means - The person who accepts the booking by signature, email or any other means.
- Persons Under His Authority - means - All persons who are accepted for a Safari/ Tour on the application of a client.
- The client who signifies the acceptance of a booking does so on behalf of himself and persons under his authority, which means that all are bound by the booking conditions as if they had individually made the application themselves.
- All bookings are made by Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC and no person has any authority on its behalf to vary any of the terms and conditions which are applicable.
- Should Uyaphi.com/Uyaphi Safaris CC be prevented from carrying out all or any of our obligations under this Contract because of an event/s beyond our control, Uyaphi.com/Uyaphi Safaris CC shall be relieved of its obligations under the Contract during the period that such event/s and its consequences continue.
- Uyaphi.com/Uyaphi Safaris CC shall not be liable for any delay or failure of any obligation due to loss or damages suffered due to loss or failure of event/s beyond our control.
- Cancellation of your booking must be in writing to Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC. Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification.
- If you cancel prior to eight weeks/ two months before departure your deposit is forfeited. If your cancellation is made after the due date for full payment of your tour fare, charges will be levied.
- The scale of charges, expressed as a percentage of the tour prices, is as follows:
- More than 8 weeks notice - Deposit forfeited
- Less than 8 weeks notice - 22-60 Days = 50%
- Less than 3 weeks notice - 15-21 Days = 60%
- Less than 2 weeks notice - 0-14 Days = 100%
- Cancellation insurance is always recommended. It is the client's responsibility to arrange cancellation insurance.
- Should the client fail to join the Safari/ Tour after a departure or leave prior to its completion, no refund or liability will be accepted by Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC.
- The client is aware that all the itineraries are flexible and will depend on local conditions.
- Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC will converse with the management of the service provider to see if alternative arrangements may be possible. The supplier's cancellation policy has full effect.
- All cancellations are subject to administration fees.
Claims and Complaints;
- If a client has a complaint against the tour operator that has conducted that particular Accommodation, Tour or Activity, the client must first inform the tour leader whilst on the tour in order that the leader can attempt to rectify the matter.
- Should the matter not be rectified whilst on tour, the client should inform Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC (as well as the individual Accommodation, Tour or Activity operator) as soon as possible. The complaint must be received in writing to both Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC and the operator within 30 days of the completion of the Accommodation, Tour or Activity so that the complaint can be investigated. Claims will not be considered outside of that time.
- Agreed claims are payable in current bank accounts only - no credit card refund. Payments will be made within 30 days of the agreement and not after this period.
- Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC will not entertain complaints due to the Loss of Enjoyment where the full land arrangements have been provided.
- Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC is not responsible for complaints lodged against a tour operator, although we will work in conjunction with you and the operator to resolve all matters pertaining to the complaint.
- Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC will seek legal advice should a credit card chargeback be enforced against Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC by the complainant seeking compensation against one of our partners in travel.
- The client acknowledges that it is his/ her responsibility to ensure that he/ she is in possession of the necessary valid travel documents, passports, visas, vaccination certificates, etc.
- Even though Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC will endeavour to assist the passenger in this regard, such assistance should be at the company's sole discretion, the client acknowledges that in so doing, Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC is not assuming any obligation or liability and that nevertheless the responsibility to ensure that the aforesaid documentation is in order and complies with such lawful and other requirements to enable the client to enjoy the benefits of the Safari/ Tour, remains the client's.
- The client acknowledges that Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC nor the selected Accommodation, Tour or Activity operator will be held liable to a refund of the tour fare or compensation, should the client be refused entry in a country for any reason.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance covering cancellation, curtailment, medical expenses, emergency travel, personal accident, personal baggage and money loss is compulsory for all participants on any and all Accommodation, Tour or Activity offered by Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC and our partners in travel.
- This Travel Insurance should be arranged at the time of payment of the deposit to cover you for cancellation from that time.
- The client acknowledges that it is his/ her responsibility to take insurance. The client undertakes to take comprehensive travel insurance to cover his/ her personal requirements.
- Please note that credit card travel insurance is inadequate for a Safari/ Tour anywhere in Africa.
- We at Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC will do our utmost to keep the published prices as accurate as possible.
- Should airlines, exchange rates, fuel costs, game reserve entrance fees, fluctuation of exchange rates etc., force increases on us, we reserve the right to surcharge without notice, up to a maximum of 20% of the advertised rate.
- When paying by credit card all Rates will be quoted in ZAR (South African Rand) and include VAT (Value Added Tax) unless otherwise stated.
- We believe the brochure/ web content and tariff are correct at the time of printing, but all prices and services are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- Seasonal rate changes are applicable, published rates are low season rates, never high season.
- Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC or any of our travel partners cannot be held liable for any delays due to airlines, trains, taxis, buses, ships or anything out of our control not running to schedule.
- The Laws of the Republic of South Africa shall in all respects, govern any contracts.
Change to User Contract;
- Uyaphi.com/ Uyaphi Safaris CC reserves the right to make changes to this site and this user contract at any time without notice.
- Madikwe Self Drive Safaris
The Madikwe Game Reserve is one of the most popular tourist destinations in South Africa. If you're looking for an unforgettable safari holiday, consider a self-drive safari in the Madikwe Game Reserve.
With its diverse landscape and abundance of wildlife, the reserve is a prime destination for private game viewing and luxury Madikwe safari lodge options. With your own rental vehicle, you have the freedom to explore at your own pace.
So if you're looking for an amazing safari experience, be sure to consider a self-drive safari holiday in Madikwe!
- Kruger Fly-In Safaris
Fly-in Kruger Park safaris offer an excellent option for those looking to explore the park in style and convenience.
These trips allow travellers to South Africa to get to their destination quickly via direct flights from Johannesburg International Airport or Cape Town's Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport.
With these tours, you can maximize your time in this incredible park and make memories that will last a lifetime!
- Botswana Camping Safaris
These small group camping safari options are more of the traditional safaris of yesteryear, remote and wild destinations, unfenced and wild campsites and meals cooked over an open fire under African skies.
These more authentic camping options visit all the wildlife destinations, including the Okavango Delta, Moremi, Savuti, Chobe National Park and Chobe River. A few of these options will start or end in Victoria Falls.
All the camping safaris in Botswana that we offer are of the "semi participation" variety. This means that guests help set up and pack away their tents and help pack and unpack the safari vehicles. Although, the safari team does all cooking, cleaning, and a few other tasks.
- Botswana Mobile Safaris
Botswana Mobile Safaris are the perfect way to enjoy an African safari experience. Unlike traditional camping, mobile options offer a more intimate and relaxed camping atmosphere and plenty of opportunities to get up close and personal with fantastic wildlife.
Our mobile trips and tours are all-inclusive, so you can relax and enjoy the very best in Botswana safaris without worrying about the details. All dome tents have private en-suite bathroom facilities as standard.
Expert guides and camp staff will take care of everything, from setting up the tented camp to cooking delicious meals and ensuring that you have the best possible Botswana safari experience.
- Namibia Self Drive Safaris
A safari experience that you can enjoy at your one's own pace; look no further than Namibia! Namibia is truly a unique and amazing place, with something for everyone to enjoy.
With a good road network and an abundance of prime safari locations, Namibia is the perfect destination for a self-drive safari.
Our team has carefully selected some of the best lodges and camps in the country, so you can enjoy all that Namibia has to offer. We also have a wide variety of vehicles to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your needs.
- Masai Mara Safari
The annual great migration between the Masai Mara National Reserve and Serengeti National Park is one of East Africa's top attractions for pure wildlife experiences.
The Great Migration is what people come to watch, photograph, and experience, an occasion that will always keep you returning for more and more.
A portfolio of only the best Masai Mara and Mara Triangle itineraries ranging from two nights all the way through to tailor-made fourteen-day + safari options.