Cape Town Travel
Cape Town, the "Mother City" of South Africa. A holiday in Cape Town is not just about great beaches, scenery and food; it is a step back in time. At Uyaphi.com we invite you to one of the most visually stunning, culturally diverse and historic cities on the African continent.
Interestingly; Table Mountain is over 600 000 000 years old while people have been living in sight of Table Mountain for the past 27 000 years and let us not forget that wine has been produced here since 1679.
The city of Cape Town is dominated by the flat-topped mass of Table Mountain that is flanked on either by Signal Hill and Devil's Peak as well as being surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean. The City offers excellent shopping, superb restaurants, kilometres and kilometres of wine estates, adventure activities, and exceptional shorelines.
Bored is not an expression used when on holiday in Cape Town, with world famous attraction like Robben Island, Table Mountain, Clifton and Camps Bay, Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, Constantia Winelands, Cape Point Nature Reserve, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Hout Bay and Chapman's Peak Drive (now open) to name a few for starters.
The ideal start or end to your African safari, Cape Town is best in the summer months and more cost effective in the winter months - either way the city has a lot to offer in both seasons.
- Cape Town HotelsHere you will find our list of hotels, guesthouses and B&B's in and around Cape Towns many popular areas. These include the city centre, Camps Bay, the V&A Waterfront, False Bay and of course the Constantia Valley. These establishments have all been hand picked and come highly recommended.
- Cape Town ToursCape Town Tours with day tours, self-drive options, and adventure options on offer to Winelands, Cape Point, Constantia, Robben Island and Cape Town, the best tours in Cape Town. Professional and experienced guides conduct trips in luxurious and safe vehicles to all areas and attractions within Cape Town, the Cape Winelands and the Overberg region.
- Cape Town Hotels VisitedHotels, lodges, guesthouses, B&B's and villa's that we have had the pleasure of visiting on our many stay overs and educationals over the past decade or so. Cape Town has so much to offer in terms of accommodation that sometimes we can not keep up with either demand or new establishments opening.
- Constantia Wine RouteThere are 9 wine farms in this region of Cape Town that is only 15 minutes drive from the city centre with each farm offering amazing views, amazing wines with some wineries even offering Brandies, Gins and Grappa's, all the while not forgetting some of the best restaurants in the country.
- Discover Cape TownDiscover all that is Cape Town from the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront to the Constantia Valley to lying on a sun soaked beach to spotting whales along the Cape Peninsula. These are just a few examples of what makes Cape Town one of the most popular cities to visit in the whole World.
- Cape Town AttractionsA list of attractions in the Cape Town area that range from the Two Oceans Aquarium, numerous museums, scenic drives, botanical gardens, cable cars and Robben Island. This is our "when in Cape Town one must do" list, please note that there is a cost applied to all of these all of these activities, but all are well worth the money.
- Restaurants In Cape TownRestaurants in and around the greater Cape Town area that come recommended by us. These are our personal favourites and are the ones that we offer to friends and family when they visit us. Some are rated the best in the country while others are just offered excellent food at good prices.
- Getting to Cape TownCape Town's International Airport lies 23 km from the city centre and is serviced by some of the biggest and most popular airlines in the World including; SAA, Air France, KLM, Lufthansa, Virgin, and British Airways. Remember that we at Uyaphi.com do also book flights from anywhere in the World to Cape Town.
- Getting Around Cape TownMoving in and around Cape Town is as simple as hiring a car, taking a taxi, using Uber, going on a guide day tour, catching a bus, hiring a motor bike, jumping on a helicopter or cycling. These are just a few of the options we have on our books, so in other words, if you want it we, in all honesty, should have it.
- Cape Town HistoryIt is here that one comes across a 600 million-year-old mountain, it is here one can find fossil remains dating back 5 million years, it is here that some of the earliest ever recorded communities lived in sight of Table Mountain 27 000 years ago, it is here that the first Europeans landed searching for a sea route from Europe to Asia.