South Africa Safaris
The culture of environmental conservation and protection runs deep in the South African psyche. If you ask any South African, from a young age, they will have been visiting national parks and reserves and will be passionate about them, and even though Safari is a Swahili word, it is a concept and a culture which is part and parcel of South African life. This passion translates into world class game reserves and parks accompanied by similarly excellent lodges and camps.
Whether your prime purpose in South Africa is to visit the Kruger Park or whether it is to visit friends in Cape Town, there will be some safari experience close to you. From the verdant and lush reserves in KwaZulu Natal or the Eastern Cape, from the arid plains of the Northern Cape to the malaria free reserves north of Johannesburg, there exist an abundance of choices.
Our dedicated consultants will be able to guide you to the best lodges and best reserves within your budget and your personal preferences as part of a bespoke South Africa safari holidays.
- South Africa Train SafarisThe glamour and elegance of rail travel in Africa on board some of the most luxurious trains found anywhere in the world today. Travel in the utmost luxury whilst taking in the magnificent scenery and destinations that South Africa has on offer. Train Safaris in South Africa are 3 days to 28 days in length.
- South Africa Fly-In SafarisMaximise your time on the ground on game drives by flying from lodge to lodge and region to region in a private or scheduled light aircraft. The costs of these private or scheduled air transfers are not always as expensive as one would think.
- South Africa Self DriveDepart in your own time at your own pace from almost anywhere in South Africa, your days are yours to enjoy driving through the wonders of what is available. Let our team of consultants design and plan an itinerary that's right for you, your family and your budget.
- South Africa Camping SafarisCamping and tented safaris across the length and breadth of South Africa ranging from basic small mobile safari options all the way through to the more luxurious tented explorer offerings in private game reserves. There is no better way to experience the wilds of South Africa than in tented accommodation.
- South Africa Day ToursSouth Africa with all her scenic beauty offers day tours in which to explore Cape Town, Western Cape and the Garden Route, KwaZulu-Natal, Zululand, Johannesburg, Soweto and Pretoria, Port Elizabeth, Addo and Shamwari Game Reserves and Mpumalanga.
- South Africa Walking SafarisSouth Africa walking safaris and tours across the length and breadth of the country ranging from private to group and short to long safari options perfect for those who are keen on stretching their legs all the while exploring.
- South Africa Budget SafarisWe have put together a selection of our favourite and more population budget safari options all with the intention of offering value-for-money for visitors to South Africa that want to experience all the iconic destinations. In a nutshell, safaris that do not cost an arm or a leg.
- South Africa Safari GalleriesPhotograph galleries of safaris and safari activities all taken by the amazingly talented team here at Uyaphi.com. These galleries are an attempt to showcase what a safari is like, life on a safari or simply safari vehicles, trains and options to partake in while on safaris in this amazing country, South Africa.
- South Africa Safari PlannerWith so many options available in South Africa, it is not uncommon for one to get confused with all the options and information that the internet throws at one. This is the page (and form) where you tell us what you are looking for and we do all the hard yards in finding that perfect safari that fits your time frame, budget, wants and needs.
- Sabi Sand Lodges
The Sabi Sand Reserve lies to the South West of the Greater Kruger Park. Home to some of Africa's most sort after names, Sabi Sabi, Mala Mala, Londolozi and Singita, to mention a few.
All the lodges offered within the Sabi Sand ensure that one gets up close and personal with some of the best wildlife sightings and safari experiences in Africa.
- Timbavati Lodges
Timbavati Reserve lies on the Western boundary of the National Park; the border is unfenced, allowing the wildlife to move freely between the reserve and the national park.
The Timbavati Private Game Reserve is world famous for its wildlife and remoteness, and that is without mentioning the famed white lions.
- Cape Town Game Reserves
Experience the thrill of a "Big 5" safari near Cape Town! With the magnificent Karoo as a backdrop and the unique Fynbos biome, the Western Cape province offers an unforgettable experience for wildlife lovers.
Visitors can spot elephants, rhinos, lions, Buffalo and leopards amongst other wildlife along with some pretty amazing birdlife.
There are several Malaria-free game reserves within a 2-3 hours' drive from Cape Town offering luxury accommodation options with private air charters available at some reserves.
- Shamwari lodges
Shamwari Game Reserve is a premier wildlife and safari destination in the Eastern Cape, home to the famous "Big Five" and numerous other plains game and bird species; this malaria-free game reserve has been recognized for its incredible conservation efforts and luxury lodges.
With miles of untouched wilderness and abundant wildlife, the Shamwari Game Reserve offers visitors an unforgettable experience that will surely be cherished for years to come.
Whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation, Shamwari provides something extraordinary that can not be found anywhere else.
- MalaMala Lodges
MalaMala is the South African safari Industries' original formula for the high-end photographic safari. Today, the MalaMala Reserve is one of the best in the whole of Africa.
In existence ever since 1927, this enormous flourishing stretch of land delivers with the Sabie River in the south is probably the most exciting wildlife encounters this side of the equator.
Four camps can be found offering only the very best.
- Singita Lodges
The Singita lodges within this portfolio have been setting the highest standards in accommodation, conservation, and service for decades while synonymous with all that is the best in the safari industry.
If you are seeking the best of the best, look no further than any one of these luxury Singita lodges in Kruger National Park.