If you're looking for an unpretentious good quality Safari Lodge, look no further than Impodimo. Coming in at the perfect price, offering all the creature comforts as well as wildlife activities could easily be associated with a Lodge three times the price. One will certainly not be disappointed.
Pricing; probably the most important factor when one looks at a Lodge, the price versus what you are getting. This is where Impodimo Game Lodge covers all the correct bases. It is without a doubt a luxurious Lodge, and from a price point comes in at a very affordable rate. The rate covers dinner, lunch and breakfast, as well as two game drives a day - in a nutshell, the same as you would get from a Lodge three times the price.
The bedrooms: there are a total of 10 suites, every suite perfectly positioned so that one continually has that feeling of being in the deep dark African Bush. The individual suites offer three main areas, the bedroom, bathroom and outside Veranda. The bedrooms are spacious with a large bed (with mosquito nets) as the central theme. There is a fireplace, cupboards as well as two reading chairs. Each bedroom allows access to the outside Veranda as well as stunning views of the African Bush through the windows.
The bathrooms; offer a gorgeous bush feel with Bath (that can easily take two adults), his and her basins, as well as an indoor shower. The bathrooms, like the bedrooms, look out and have access to the Veranda and African Bush. There is an outdoor shower that I found absolutely awesome, the water pressure and the feeling of being in the Bush is something one simply has to enjoy.
The main Lodge Area: the main guest area offers a small library with guides on wildlife as well as interesting reads on South Africa. An indoor and outdoor dining area, a large bar area as well as a lounging area (where one meets up before game drives). A massive fireplace is centrally located for those chilly winter evenings. As a whole, this is a rustic and relaxing area to be with fantastic staff waiting for your beer and wine orders.
Swimming pool: In our opinion, the best area within the lodge, relaxing at the pool while elephants drink from it is something in itself to behold. The pool is clean, but the water is murky, this is because of the elephants and not due to a lack of cleaning. The pool area is also perfect for bird-watching.
Game drives: this is where your stay starts to get interesting. The Madikwe Reserve offers the "Big Five" which is the main reason that you are here. Game drive vehicles themselves are more than adequate when it comes to comforts and seating, the professional Safari guides and their trackers are very very good when it comes to wildlife. Generally speaking about halfway through your Safari you will have a stop for coffee and tea, or sunset drinks depending on whether this is a morning or afternoon game drive.
Finally; Impodimo Game Lodge is one of the few Madikwe Safari Lodges that is not fenced in, so Africa's wildlife is free to meander through the Lodge at any time. While we were there, African elephants, African wild dogs as well as numerous antelope species were on view pretty much all the time, not to mention a few Mozambique Spitting Cobras.
Impodimo Game Lodge Review by Uyaphi.com
- Kruger Family Friendly LodgesThese are our favourite lodges and camps in and around the Kruger Park that offer family-friendly facilities and activities. Most lodges say that they take kids but there is only a handful that have the facilities to keep them busy, these lodges offer daily activities, kids safari options and baby sittings options.
- Romantic Kruger Park LodgesWhen it comes to romance these are our best options. Lodges that do not take children, lodges that offer privacy, large rooms with lots of space and large baths and outdoor showers. This is what romance in the African bushveld should be. Perfect for honeymooners, those in love or those wanting to fall in love.
- Best Baths in AfricaYou can never be as relaxed as you are as in a bath. Now image that bath having one fantastic view out over the plains of Africa with wildlife and birdlife passing you by. That is what this page is all about, simply "The best Baths in Africa".
- Africa's Ultimate Bucket ListIt has become very fashionable to compile a list of things to see and do before one meets their maker. Here at Uyaphi.com we already have our "Ultimate Bucket List" of things in Africa that we have to do and see.
- Best Spas in the KrugerLife on safari is not always about game drives and walks 24/7, there should always be a bit of relaxation time, and this is where a Spa comes into play. Take a few hours off to indulge in a tranquil Spa treatment at one of these excellent lodges. All of these lodges offer in-house facilities and a broad range of treatments.
- Africa's Most Luxurious LodgesIt might come as a surprise to many that some of the most luxurious and desired accommodation establishments on earth are found right here in Africa. This is our showcase of the most luxurious options that we have on offer.