The coastline of Africa offers a wealth of dive opportunities and there is no shortage of well-equipped operations to ensure that every diving holiday is one to remember. Let’s take a look at this spectacular dive location off the usual tourist circuit.
The huge expanse of Pemba Bay and the 27 islands of the Querimba Archipelago in northern Mozambique are an undiscovered jewel. Coral reefs boast a breathtaking array of hard and soft corals and shallow dives (up to 15 metres) will bring you into contact with resident seahorses and 140 species of sea shell, while beautiful reef fish dart amongst the anemones.
This is an underwater photographer’s paradise!Deeper you will find the largest giant fan coral in Africa. Vertical reef walls promise dramatic deep dives up to 40 metres; into the domain of reef sharks, sunfish, moray eels, 4 species of dolphin, barracuda and other pelagic game fish.
Humpback whales are frequent visitors to these shores between August and October and, if you’re lucky, you’ll meet turtles making their way out to sea: leatherbacks, loggerheads and green turtles lay their eggs on the sandy shores of the Querimba islands.
Mozambique Underwater Wonderlands
- Kruger Family Friendly LodgesThese are our favourite lodges and camps in and around the Kruger Park that offer family-friendly facilities and activities. Most lodges say that they take kids but there is only a handful that have the facilities to keep them busy, these lodges offer daily activities, kids safari options and baby sittings options.
- Romantic Kruger Park LodgesWhen it comes to romance these are our best options. Lodges that do not take children, lodges that offer privacy, large rooms with lots of space and large baths and outdoor showers. This is what romance in the African bushveld should be. Perfect for honeymooners, those in love or those wanting to fall in love.
- Best Baths in AfricaYou can never be as relaxed as you are as in a bath. Now image that bath having one fantastic view out over the plains of Africa with wildlife and birdlife passing you by. That is what this page is all about, simply "The best Baths in Africa".
- Africa's Ultimate Bucket ListIt has become very fashionable to compile a list of things to see and do before one meets their maker. Here at Uyaphi.com we already have our "Ultimate Bucket List" of things in Africa that we have to do and see.
- Best Spas in the KrugerLife on safari is not always about game drives and walks 24/7, there should always be a bit of relaxation time, and this is where a Spa comes into play. Take a few hours off to indulge in a tranquil Spa treatment at one of these excellent lodges. All of these lodges offer in-house facilities and a broad range of treatments.
- Africa's Most Luxurious LodgesIt might come as a surprise to many that some of the most luxurious and desired accommodation establishments on earth are found right here in Africa. This is our showcase of the most luxurious options that we have on offer.