- Sail between the islands or snorkel the vibrant reefs
- Kayak in the lagoons and mangrove creeks
- Look for humpback whales (in season)
- Diving and fishing available by arrangement
- Walk and relax on the pristine beaches of neighbouring islands
- Simply enjoy the quiet calm while moored in a beautiful bay or lagoon
- Half day or full day trips
- Overnight safaris booked on an exclusive basis
- Lodge type; Lodge
- Location; Quirimbas Archipelago
- Lodge size; 12 villas
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Simply grand or grandly simple - Vamizi Island Lodge isn't about the usual five-star luxury and all mod cons, it's about the more rarified pleasures of exclusive island life.
Imagine wafting through muslin and filtered sunlight, flopping straight from your room into a private ocean and enjoying elegant lunches with your toes in the sand.
It's hard to compete with the perfect desert island, so we don't. We just take what comes on the breeze, and mould it into a more civilized form.
Vamizi Island's greatest asset is the exclusivity that is on offer, each and every villa is positioned on far away from the surround villas, ensuring complete and utter privacy.
This Quirimbas Luxury Lodge offers up twelve villas - one or two bedroomed - are right on the shoreline, all with to-die-for views of the ocean.
Both airy and generous - with over 170 square metres of a timbered floor to pad about on, they have plenty of space for spreading beds, sofas, a marble shower and vanity area and outside chilling deck.
During the day, there's the relative formality of our thatched open dining room on the main beach, or you can retreat to Muntu Nkulu. Vamizi Lodge offers a new castaway restaurant on the north side of the island, for a buffet and total relaxation.
You can also take the total desert island approach - alone with a shipwrecked picnic on some deserted beach.
Evenings are a more glamorous affair, with a castaway twist, fuelled by grills on the beach, or more elaborate dishes under lantern light in the dining room.
With cocktails and fine wines at the bar - and acres of cushions and sofas for sitting very soft at any point - you might just feel that heaven can wait.
A combination of wild underwater landscapes, the bounty of tropical ocean currents and an abundance of marine life makes Vamizi diving beyond world class. In this incredible ocean environment, Vamizi Island's fanatical dive-team - which includes qualified PADI dive-masters and instructors - take the tropical scuba experience to new depths.
Vamizi Island is a fish, Eden. Over 50 mainstream game and reef species are present in the Vamizi seas - the majority all year round - including a huge variety of big game fish, such as sailfish, marlin, swordfish, tuna and sharks. With a kilometre deep drop-off just off the coast, the Vamizi fishing grounds lie as little as ten to thirty minutes from the lodge, making even half a day's fishing highly productive.
Over a hundred turtles nest on Vamizi Island each year - an average of two a week, making Vamizi the first home for two species of turtle: Green and Hawksbills. Three other species are found in the region.
Children can only be accommodated in Family kitalas. Age 16 years and above pay adult rate.
Rates on Request
Rates form part of Mozambique Safari itinerary
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- Accommodation in ocean-facing kitalas
- All meals, soft drinks, beers, selection of house wines, spirits & bottled water
- Daily laundry service
- Guided activities including snorkelling, sea kayaking, birding, guided nature walks, dhow sailing, Hobie Cat and Laser sailing
- Land transfers from air strip
- International flights and air transfers to and from the island
- Entry visas and taxes
- Premium wines and spirits
- Personal gifts and staff gratuities
- Deep sea fishing, scuba diving & PADI courses
- Snorkelling from a motor boat
- Whale watching
- Spa treatments, massages, yoga