We are currently offering 8 different safari options ranging from 2-day tours to 14-day safaris, as well as different types of safaris, from camping to basic accommodation to luxury accommodation options (remember, luxury in Ethiopia is far from international standards). All the safari options we offer can be tailor-made to our every wish.
Click here to see our Ethiopia Safari Options.
Some of the absolute highlights of Ethiopia include the following;
- The Religious sites of Ethiopia;
- The obelisks and stele of Axum (the last resting place of the Ark of the Covenant).
- The churches and Coptic monasteries in the Tigre.
- The Lake Tana isles.
- And, of course, the World famous Lalibela and her monolithic churches.
- National Parks in Ethiopia;
- Simien Mountains National Park is home to the Ethiopian wolf, gelada baboon, Walia ibex and Mount Ras Dashen (the 4th highest peak in Africa).
- Bale Mountains National Park is also home to the Ethiopian wolf and some of the rarest bird and wildlife species on the planet; it is here that the highest road in Africa can be found.
- Nech Sar National Park, found between 2 rift valley lakes, is home to Burchell's zebra, Grant's gazelle, and the endemic Swayne's hartebeest. Very, very high populations of Nile Crocodiles and Nile Perch can be found in the surrounding lakes.
- The Afar Region;
- Dallol is by far the hottest and lowest point on Earth (120 meters below sea level).
- The active Erte-ale Volcano is +- 100km from Dallol.
- Afar Depression is famed for salt mining.
As one can see from the above list, there is really so much to see, do and experience in this country. To be honest, a 2-day safari will never do the country justice.
So to end off, here are a few photographs of Ethiopia by the team here at Uyaphi.com, enjoy :)
Where To Travel In Ethiopia by the team at Uyaphi.com