- Departure; Daily
- Duration; 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Lodging; Safari Lodge
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Days 1-2: Timbavati Game Reserve
- We offer two options as to where you can fly into;
- Johannesburg International Airport
- Hoedspruit Airport (this option significantly cuts down driving time).
- On arrival at Johannesburg International Airport or Hoedspruit Airport, pick up your rental car and self-drive to the Timbavati Game Reserve.
- Arrive at Motswari Game Lodge and should time allow, depart on a late afternoon game drive.
- The next few days are spent viewing, photographing and experiencing the wonders of the Timbavati.
- Safari Highlights;
- Two game drives a day
- Wildlife Walks
- Pre-lunch safari interest talks
- Motswari's "The Leopard Man"
- Big 5
- Spotted Hyena
- 147 species of mammals
- 517 species of birds
- Optional spa treatments
- Estimated travelling time from Johannesburg: ± 6 hours = 487km
- Estimated travelling time from Hoedspruit Airport: ± 40 minutes.
- Accommodation; Motswari Game Lodge
Days 3-6: Kruger Walking Safari
- Leaving the Timbavati your head into the Kruger National Park, direction "Skukuza".
- Enter this private wilderness concession in the Kruger National Park.
- The next few days are split between lodges and camps as you walk the wilds of the African bushveld.
- Two highly qualified guides will share their wealth of bush knowledge with you – from the identification of animals, trees, grasses, insects and birds to the medicinal uses of plants, folklore and basic tracking and survival skills.
- Safari Highlights;
- 12 000 hectares private concession
- Maximum of eight people
- Sleep out under the stars
- 3 to 5-night trails are available
- Highly qualified guides
- Average walk being between 3 to 4 hours
- Fantastic wildlife sightings
- High tea in the African bushveld
- Estimated travelling time from Timbavati to Skukuza: ± 3 hours = 110km
- Accommodation; Rhino Post Safari Lodge
Day 7: Safari ends
- After your wildlife activity and breakfast, drive in the direction of your chosen airport;
- Estimated travelling time to Johannesburg: ± 7 hours = 483km
- Estimated travelling time to Skukuza: ± 40 minutes = 19km
- Estimated travelling time to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport: ± 3 hours = 120km.
Rates on Request, budget dependant
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Accommodation based on budget
- Vehicle-based on budget
- Meals as stated
- Activities as stated
- Activities not included in above itinerary
- Local and International Flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Fuel costs
- Car Hire Insurance
- Nottens Bush Camp
Nottens Bush Camp is one of the most excellent family-run camps in Africa and the best-kept secret in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
As one of the Sabi Sand original bush camps, Nottens Bush Camp has a magical bush atmosphere and offers an authentic African safari experience.
- The Outpost LodgeThe Outpost Lodge is located in the far northern Pafuri region of the Kruger Park. A lodge of absolute luxury and scenic wonder perched high on a ridge overlooking the Luvuvhu River and surrounding hills and valleys.
- Imbali Safari LodgeImbali Safari Lodge accommodating 24 people, is situated inside the actual Kruger National Park, all the while continuing the tradition of Safari in the romantic style associated with the past.
- Klaserie Sands River Camp
The Privately owned Klaserie Sands River Camp situated on the banks of the Ntsiri River offers up luxury accommodation and 60 000 hectares of wildlife-rich bushveld to explore.
This amazing camp with a stunning swimming pool is nestled between lofty Jackalberry and Leadwood trees.
- Chisomo Safari Camp
Chisomo Safari Camp is tucked deep in the wildlife-rich Karongwe Game Reserve, with friendly staff offering warm hospitality and fine cuisine complemented by excellent "Big 5" game viewing.
Chisomo Safari Camp offers first-class accommodation and outstanding amenities that will ensure that one's stay is nothing short of perfect.
- Dulini River Lodge
Dulini River Lodge is home to a host of wildlife, including the Big Five, the Sabi Sand is part of a conservation area that covers almost five million acres, an area equivalent to the state of New Jersey and larger than some independent countries.