Tanzania Family Friendly Lodges
Our Top List Of Tanzania's Most Family Friendly Lodges, Camps And Resorts
A collection of only the best family-friendly establishments that Tanzania and Zanzibar offer. A collection of establishments in and around the country's famed national parks and game reserves, including the Serengeti, Selous, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro and Ruaha, and beach destinations on Zanzibar Pemba. All establishments are genuinely family-friendly.
When selecting a lodge option for one's family holidays, it is crucial to consider the following:
- The property size of the establishment, the number of family rooms available, and the layout of the family rooms and suites.
- The lodge's location in regards to the surrounding attractions and wildlife, children get bored on longer journeys.
- Whether the property is fenced or unfenced, and whether Malaria is present in the area.
- The type and number of activities offered, guaranteeing there is something for everyone in your family to do, babysitting options are also important.
- For meals and snacks, kids can be fussy. Will the children enjoy what is on the menu?
- The price of the establishment or family safari package is a crucial aspect to take into consideration, travelling through Tanzania with a family of four, for example, requiring two rooms and three beds is not cot the cheapest way of travelling (the most rewarding, yes, but not the cheapest).
When travelling with children in tow, choosing the perfect family-friendly lodge is a great way to ensure that everyone has a good time; with the kids entertained, the family unit can relax and start experiencing all the marvels on offer together.
These accommodation options offer family suites, twin suites with inter-leading rooms or private villa options, making it easy for parents to keep an eye on their little ones, keeping the family together while having fun in the African bushveld.
When on safari in Tanzania with your family, several activities are available that will keep the little ones entertained. Many of the lodges, safari camps and resorts offer guided nature walks, where children can learn about the local flora and fauna and bird watching excursions. There are often opportunities for kids to go on safari drives to see elephants, lions, and other animals. In addition, many lodges have swimming pools, which make for a great way to cool off during the hot afternoon sun. Additional activities include the likes of local school and cultural visits in which the little ones can participate in local customs.
However, please note that as a general safety rule, only children over the age of 6 years (8 at certain lodges) are permitted on game drives, while a few of the lodges below are also unfenced (more suitable for older children). Unless one is looking at a beach resort, every few of the below safari options are ideal for babies or toddlers.
Below is our selection of what we regard as the best family-friendly lodges in Tanzania.