- Game drives, wildlife and birdlife sightings
- The great wildebeest migration
- Classic tented safari camp in the Serengeti
- The swimming pool at Pioneer Camp is stunning
- Safari tent interiors are large and luxurious
- Game drive options in an incredible wildlife area
- Lodge type; Luxury Tented Camp
- Location; Serengeti National Park
- Lodge size; 12 Tented Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Experience The Nostalgia Of A Bygone Era At Pioneer Camp On The Serengeti Plains
Serengeti Pioneer Camp is themed after the original safari camps of the 1930s, a nostalgic era that excites and interests a few.
Located in the central region of the Serengeti within an area called the Moru Kopjes, an area where one gets to view the great migration but also the "Big 5".
Built on the slopes of a kopje, the camp offers guests wonderful views out over the surrounding National Park teeming with wildlife and birdlife. The views are up there with the best that the Serengeti and Masai Mara can offer.
Serengeti Pioneer Camp is ultra-stylish in an old-fashioned style, and attention to detail is excellent all the way from the main guest areas to the private suites. An exceptional camp by any stretch of the imagination, perfect for small families, couples and single travellers alike.
Serengeti Pioneer Camp offers travellers 12 tented suites (including 1 family suite) that have been positioned far enough apart to ensure good levels of privacy. A covered viewing deck leads into the main bedroom with either a king-size or two queen-size beds, and to the back of the suite is the en-suite bathroom with a flushing toilet, show and basin.
The suites (and the camp) are decorated and furnished in a 1930's style with a neutral colour scheme blended with dark wooden furniture.
A two-bedroomed family suite is available for those on a Serengeti safari with the family in tow.
- Queen size mattress beds with mosquito nets
- Indoor Lounge chairs
- Canvas-covered awning with outdoor furniture
- In-room safe
- Personal room attendant
- Hot water 24/7
The main dining tent is the main area of the camp from which one gets the chance to taste the varying and delicious menus for all palates over either breakfast, lunch or dinner.
A selected premium wine list is available, and so too is a good beer and alcohol selection, as well as cool drinks.
Other dining options when on safari at Serengeti Pioneer Camp;
- Campfire dining under the African stars
- Private and intimate dining options (bush or private deck options)
- Bush luncheons
Individual dietary requests can be satisfied with advance notice.
The main guest area sits on top of a rocky outcrop with stunning views out over the surrounding plains and woodlands of the Serengeti. The thatched central guest area at Serengeti Pioneer Camp is where one finds the main viewing deck, lounge area and WiFi zone.
The following camp facilities are also found on-site;
- Swimming pool
- Numerous viewing decks around camp
- Main guest lounge
- Free WiFi available in the main lounge
Game drives within the Serengeti National Park with professional, experienced guides and trackers in custom 4x4 game viewing vehicles. This is also the option of guided walking safaris along the banks of the Grumeti River.
Other options available at Serengeti Pioneer Camp include;
- Migration viewing (in season)
- Sundowner cocktails
- Bird watching
- 'Big Five' viewing
- Balloon safaris (additional cost)
Serengeti Pioneer Camp by the Elewana Collection welcomes children of all ages, wildlife and educational activities and kid-friendly meals are available.
A 2-bedroomed family tent is available for families with up to five in total.
If you're looking for an unforgettable safari experience with all the modern amenities and luxuries, look no further than Serengeti Pioneer Camp.
This exclusive camp offers guests a unique opportunity to explore the incredible wildlife of the Serengeti National Park in style.
Whether you're embarking on game drives, bush walks or simply relaxing by the pool, and you're sure to have an amazing time at this one-of-a-kind Serengeti camp.
So what are you waiting for? Book your stay at this safari camp in the Serengeti today!
From US$ 800.00 per person
Elewana Serengeti Pioneer Camp Rates
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals and drinks
- Shared and scheduled game drives
- Guided walking safari
- Transfers to and from designated airstrips
- Service charge and VAT
- All flights
- Transfers to the Serengeti
- Champagne, private cellar wines and spirits
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Options safari activities