- Classic tented camp
- Follow the great wildebeest migration
- Lodge type; Luxury Tented Camp
- Location; Serengeti National Park
- Lodge size; 8 Tented Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Dunia Camp is a tranquil semi-permanent camp with just eight spacious tented suites, each with expansive views of the pristine wilderness and game-filled plains from a large private veranda.
Enjoy classic exclusive safaris year round in the surrounding Moru Kopjes, an area that is famed for its big cats. Twice a year (March to June and November to December) the great migration passes right in front of the camp offers uninterrupted wildlife sightings that are literally your own.
Guests staying Dunia have access to 3 exceptional game-viewing areas; the Seronera, the Moru Kopjes and the southern Serengeti plains.
8 tranquil and spacious tented suites are on offer at Dunia Camp each with king sized beds, en-suite bathroom facilities with hot-water bucket shower.
All suites are on raised wooden platforms with private decks with views of the golden grass plains in-front teaming with wildlife.
Before or after the morning games drives a cooked breakfast is served on the deck overlooking the Serengeti plains.
Light buffet-style lunches are the norm but on saying that delicious packed lunches are available should you be doing a full-day game drive - this is the popular option.
Dinners are served in either the main dining area or out in in the bushveld surrounded by lanterns and under the African stars.
The main guest area consists of a small library, lounge and raised wooden deck with views out over the Serengeti, all of this under a large canvas tent. Furnishings area based around leather and wood and arranged to offer a comfortable and relax atmosphere.
This area comes complete with that perfect African sunset when in camp.
Wildlife activities are mainly centered around game drives in custom 4x4 safari vehicle lead by highly trained and experienced guides and trackers.
Hot-air balloon safaris are available but at an additional cost to guests.
A typical day at Dunia Camp;
- 05:30–06:00 Wake-up call with hot tea & coffee
- 06:30–07:00 Following breakfast, depart for a morning game drive or walk, or take a picnic breakfast with you and leave slightly earlier
- 09:30–11:30 Arrive back in camp after game viewing, followed by breakfast (if you wish!)
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30–16:00 Siesta time: read a book or just relax
- 16:00 Afternoon tea
- 16:30 Depart for afternoon/evening game drive or walk with sundowners
- 18:30 Arrive back in camp
- 19:30 Drinks at the bar followed by dinner under the stars
Families with children aged five and older are warmly welcomed at Dunia Camp. Family tents with separate bedrooms that can accommodate up to five family members are available.
Note, malaria is present and the wilderness environment around the camp is not conducive to providing a specific outdoor safari programmes for children.
From US$ 805.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- Full board accommodation
- All house drinks (except champagne)
- Limted laundry service
- Scheduled open vehicle game drives
- Transfers to/from Seronera airstrip
- Park fees, camping fees and other fees specified above
- Transfers (other than from/to Seronera)
- Flying doctors/medical evacuation insurance
- Flights & airport taxes
- Items of personal nature