- The main mess tent at Dinia offers up exceptional views
- Follow the great wildebeest migration
- A camp empowering women in the safari industry
- Fire pit and after-dinner drinks
- Dunia is located in one of the best wildlife areas
- A hot air balloon safari is a must-do activity
- Lodge type; Luxury Tented Camp
- Location; Serengeti National Park
- Lodge size; 8 Tented Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Dunia, A One Of A Kind Safari Camp In The Serengeti Run Entirely By Women
Dunia Camp is a tranquil semi-permanent camp with just eight spacious tented suites, each with expansive views of the pristine wilderness and game-filled plains from a large private veranda.
Enjoy classic exclusive safaris year-round in the surrounding Moru Kopjes, an area that is famed for its big cats.
Twice a year (March to June and November to December), the great migration passes right in front of the camp and offers uninterrupted wildlife sightings that are literally your own.
Farther afield, you may spot lions using the granite boulders of Moru Kopjes to scan the plains for prey.
Guests staying at Dunia have access to 3 exceptional game-viewing areas; the Seronera, the Moru Kopjes and the central Serengeti plains.
Run entirely by women, the team at Dunia Camp is an inspirational example of what women can achieve in a male-dominated industry.
Eight tranquil and spacious tented suites are on offer at Dunia Camp, each with king-sized beds and en-suite bathroom facilities with hot-water showers and baths.
All suites are on raised wooden platforms with private decks with views of the golden grass plains in front of the camp, teaming with wildlife.
Before or after the morning game drives, a cooked breakfast is served on the deck overlooking the Serengeti plains.
Light buffet-style lunches are the norm, but on saying that, delicious packed lunches are available should you be doing a full-day game drive - this is the popular option.
Dinners are served in either the main dining area or out in the bushveld, surrounded by lanterns and under the African stars.
The wine selection is excellent, and there is something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you are looking for a red, white, or sparkling wine, you will be sure to find the perfect bottle at Dunia Camp.
The main guest area at Dunia consists of a small library, lounge and raised wooden deck with views out over the Serengeti, all of this under a large canvas tent.
The furnishings of the camp are based around leather and wood and are arranged to offer a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
This central guest area comes complete with that perfect African sunset when in camp.
Wildlife activities when at Dunia are mainly centred around game drives in custom 4x4 safari vehicles led by highly trained and experienced guides and trackers.
Hot-air balloon safaris are available from camp but at an additional cost to guests.
A typical day at Dunia Camp in the Serengeti National Park;
- 05:30–06:00 Wake-up call with hot tea & coffee
- 06:30–07:00 Following breakfast, depart for a morning game drive or walk, or take a picnic breakfast with you and leave slightly earlier
- 09:30–11:30 Arrive back in camp after game viewing, followed by breakfast (if you wish!)
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30–16:00 Siesta time: read a book or just relax
- 16:00 Afternoon tea
- 16:30 Depart for afternoon/evening game drive or walk with sundowners
- 18:30 Arrive back in camp
- 19:30 Drinks at the bar followed by dinner under the stars
Families with children aged five and older are warmly welcomed at Dunia Camp.
A family tent with separate bedrooms that can accommodate up to five family members is available; there are a whole host of kid-friendly safari activities on offer.
Although there are no specific programmes for kids at Dunia, the friendly staff and professional guides work hard to make sure everyone enjoys themselves, no matter their age.
Note malaria is present, and the wilderness environment around the camp is not conducive to providing specific outdoor safari programmes for children.
If you're looking for an unforgettable safari experience, look no further than Dunia Camp.
This luxury camp is located in the heart of the Serengeti National Park and offers incredible views of Africa's great wildlife migration.
With just eight spacious tented suites, excellent cuisine, and a team of passionate female guides, Dunia Camp is the perfect place to relax and enjoy some of the best game viewings in all of Tanzania.
From US$ 887.00 per person
Asilia Dunia Camp Rates
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars
*Rates may vary according to season
- Full board accommodation
- All house drinks (except champagne)
- Limted laundry service
- Scheduled open vehicle game drives
- Transfers to/from Seronera airstrip
- Park fees, camping fees and other fees specified above
- Transfers (other than from/to Seronera)
- Flying doctors/medical evacuation insurance
- Flights & airport taxes
- Items of personal nature