- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Ngorongoro Region
- Lodge size; 8 canvas-and-glass domed suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
- Game drives in the Ngorongoro Crater
- Maasai cultural experience
- Empakaai Crater hike (flamingos)
- One amazing bath experience
- Homemade cuisine
- Friendly staff
A camp that redefines the Ngorongoro experience, The Highlands Ngorongoro is set at the edge of a mountain forest offers guests that balance between a wilderness experience and a contemporary luxurious escape with a difference.
The Highlands is located far from all other surrounding camps offering a exclusive private safari to one of Africa's most wildlife rich destinations, The Ngorongoro Crater.
Wildlife, birding, cultural and walking safaris id the theme here, a stunning destination.
8 domed tented suites perched high up on wooden platforms over views out of the Ngorongoro Crater and beyond all connected by raised wooden walkways.
King sized beds with domed floor-to-roof canvas walls, en-suite bathrooms, viewing decks and wood burning stove for those cool winter evenings.
Chefs and kitchen staff prepare homemade style cuisine with amazingly fresh produce sourced from farmers in the nearby Karatu area.
Packed delicious breakfasts and lunches are an option should be be out on half day or full day activities.
The main guest area features an authentic indoor fireplace surrounded by comfortable seating. A library with a more than adequate selection and a outdoor deck with views of the carter itself.
WiFi access in-room is available for all guests as is laundry and battery charging facilities.
Numerous wildlife, cultural and walking activities are on offer at or near The Highlands Ngorongoro;
- Game drives in the Ngorongoro Crater.
- Spend the afternoon with the local Maasai in one of the neighboring villages.
- Descend into the Empakaai crater accompanied by an NCA ranger and walk to the sparkling soda lake on the crater floor.
- Starting directly from camp, the Olmoti climb follows an ancient Maasai cattle trail through mountain forest, grasslands and rocky outcrops.
The Highlands Ngorongoro most certainly welcomes families with children over 5 years of age.
The Highlands offers a wide range of exciting activities kids can take part in, including iconic game drives into Ngorongoro Crater and fascinating visits to the local Maasai community.
Rates on Request
Rates form part of Tanzania Safari itinerary
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season