- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Ngorongoro Region
- Lodge size; 8 canvas-and-glass domed suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
- Game drives in the Ngorongoro Crater
- Maasai cultural experience
- Empakaai Crater hike (flamingos)
- One amazing bath experience
- Homemade cuisine
- Friendly staff
A camp that redefines the Ngorongoro experience, The Highlands Ngorongoro is set at the edge of a mountain forest offers guests a balance between a wilderness experience and a contemporary luxurious escape with a difference.
The Highlands is located far from all other surrounding camps offering an exclusive private safari to one of Africa's most wildlife-rich destinations, The Ngorongoro Crater.
Wildlife, birding, cultural and walking safaris id the theme here, a stunning destination.
Looking for a unique safari experience? Then look no further than our full selection of only the best Ngorongoro Lodges! We've hand-picked a range of lodges that offer easy access to the world-famous Ngorongoro Crater, home to an incredible variety of wildlife. Whether you're looking for luxury accommodations on the crater rim or a more budget-friendly option in Oldeani or Karatu, we have something for everyone.
Experiencing the Ngorongoro Conservation Area is an experience you will never forget!
Eight domed tented suites perched high up on wooden platforms with views out of the Ngorongoro Crater and beyond all connected by raised wooden walkways.
King-sized beds with domed floor-to-roof canvas walls, en-suite bathrooms, viewing decks and a wood-burning stove for those cool winter evenings.
Chefs and kitchen staff prepare homemade style cuisine with amazingly fresh produce sourced from farmers in the nearby Karatu area.
Packed delicious breakfasts and lunches are an option that should one be out on half-day or full-day activities.
The main guest area features an authentic indoor fireplace surrounded by comfortable seating. A library with a more than adequate selection and an outdoor deck with views of the carter itself.
WiFi access in-room is available for all guests as is laundry and battery charging facilities.
Numerous wildlife, cultural and walking activities are on offer at or near The Highlands Ngorongoro;
- Game drives in the Ngorongoro Crater.
- Spend the afternoon with the local Maasai in one of the neighbouring villages.
- Descend into the Empakaai crater accompanied by an NCA ranger and walk to the sparkling soda lake on the crater floor.
- Starting directly from camp, the Olmoti climb follows an ancient Maasai cattle trail through mountain forest, grasslands and rocky outcrops.
The Highlands offers a wide range of exciting activities kids can participate in, including iconic game drives into Ngorongoro Crater and fascinating visits to the local Maasai community. The Highlands Ngorongoro most certainly welcomes families with children over 5 years of age.
From US$ 846.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- Full board accommodation
- All house drinks (except champagne)
- Scheduled game drives
- Olmoti Crater hike, Empakaai Crater hike, Maasai cultural visit
- Transfers to/from Manyara airstrip
- Limited laundry service
- Park fees, camping fees and other fees specified above
- Ngorongoro Crater descent fee
- All transfers other than stated
- Flying doctors/medical evacuation insurance
- Flights & airport taxes
- Items of personal nature