Rates on Request, budget dependant
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Departure; Daily
- Duration; 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Lodging; Safari Lodges
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Days 1-3: Natal North Coast
- On arrival at Durban International Airport, pick up your rental car and self-drive to the Natal North Coast.
- Drive to Hotel Izulu for your first stopover ± 1 hours (travelling at speed limits, no sightseeing) from the Durban International Airport.
- The following few days are at your complete leisure, explore the area or simply just relax the choice is yours.
- Embraced by subtropical vegetation, Hotel Izulu lies in the sun-drenched holiday resort town of Ballito.
- World-renowned for luxury accommodation, outstanding cuisine, an award-winning Spa and an extraordinary wedding venue, Hotel Izulu's warm, friendly atmosphere and attentive staff contribute to an unforgettable experience of relaxation, peace and tranquillity.
- Numerous day and half day tours available (optional);
- Durban City tour
- Shakaland Zulu Experience
- Ushaka Marine Tour
- Relaxing on some of the best beaches in the country
- Impilo Spa
- Dine a la carte at the elegantly contemporary Gigi's Restaurant
- Boasting 19 suites and the finest accommodation in Ballito, the hotel is a stylish blend of Tuscan architecture, African features and Balinese influences.
- Spend two nights on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Accommodation - Hotel Izulu
Days 3-5: Central Drakensberg
- After your morning breakfast, depart for the Scenic Central Drakensberg Mountain Range.
- Estimated travelling time from Durban: ± 2 - 2.5 hours (travelling at a leisurely pace).
- Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse offers beautiful country house accommodation in the Drakensberg Mountains in South Africa.
- With the crisp winter mornings, roaring log fires and beautiful sunny days of winter approaching us again, what more could one wish for than a couple of days at Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse for a romantic gourmet getaway in the Drakensberg Mountains.
- Dinner is a sumptuous 6-course affair with no effort or expense spared to give our guests a memorable dining experience.
- Tucked away in the beautiful Kamberg valley close to Giant's Castle Nature Reserve, and all the normal mountain pursuits such as swimming, walking and hiking are available.
- Numerous activities available (optional);
- Horse Riding
- Horse Stud Tours and Local Adventures
- Sani Pass
- Crane Rehabilitation Centre
- Midlands Meander
- Bushman Rock Art
- Accommodation - Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse
Days 5- 6: Phinda Private Game Reserve
- After your breakfast, depart for the Phinda Private Game Reserve in the Zululand Region Of KwaZulu Natal.
- Estimated travelling time from Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse to Phinda: ± 5 hours (travelling at a leisurely pace).
- Check into your chosen lodge and should time allow, depart on a late afternoon game drive.
- Face-to-face with lions and rhino, up close to a whale shark or battling sailfish, that's the Phinda experience, one of the most exciting safari destinations in Africa.
- Located between the azure waters of the Indian Ocean and the lush waterways of the World Heritage Greater Saint Lucia Wetland Park, Phinda's 17 500 hectares span seven unique habitats.
- Numerous activities available;
- Mzinene River canoeing
- Twice daily game drives
- Interpretive bush walks
- Mzinene River boat cruise
- Deep Sea Fishing (optional)
- Flight of the Fish Eagle(optional)
- Scuba safaris(optional)
- Zulu Cultural Tour (optional)
- Accommodation - Phinda Forest Lodge
Day 7: Safari Ends
- After your morning game drive and breakfast, depart for Durban ± 3 to 4 hours (travelling at a leisurely pace).
- Accommodation based on budget
- Vehicle based on budget
- Meals as stated
- Activities as stated
- Local and International Flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Activities not included in above itinerary
- Fuel costs
- Car Hire Insurance
Phinda Forest Lodge
Rates from R16 000.00 per person
The glass walls of Phinda Forest Lodge offer a sweeping view of one of the more unique ecosystems on the planet, 16 air-conditioned glass suites appear to float between the rare Sand Forest floor and the towering torchwood trees.
Thula Thula Tented Camp
Rates from R5 150.00 per person
Thula Thula Tented Camp offers visitors an authentic and romantic safari camp that can rival any other not only in South Africa but Africa as a whole. Tented Camp is highly recommended for those looking for a safari not only based on wildlife but also the conservation of wildlife.
Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse
Rates from R2 695.00 per person
Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse with her 8 luxuriously appointed rooms overlooking the Drakensberg Mountains is also a haven for food lovers, activities include relaxing, eating, fly-fishing, hiking, climbing as well as guided walks.
Kosi Forest Lodge
Rates from R3 200.00 per person
Kosi Forest Lodge situated in the unspoilt wilderness that is part of the Isimangaliso Wetland Park, now internationally recognised as a World Heritage Site, offers eight tented suites, excellent cuisine and beach and wilderness activities.
Fugitives Drift Guest House
Rates from R2 170.00 per person
It was here at Fugitives Drift Guest House that David and Nicky Rattray pioneered Heritage Tourism in South Africa and created an award-winning Guesthouse for visitors to savour the saga of South African and British history.
Phinda Rock Lodge
Rates from R20 720.00 per person
When you first set eyes on the ochre walls of Phinda Rock Lodge clinging to the cliff face you will need a second look to realise you haven't arrived at a Mexican hacienda, 6 exceptional suites perched on the side of a rocky cliff all with stunning swimming pool options.