KwaZulu Natal Safaris
Discover And Experience The Magic of South Africa With A safari In KwaZulu Natal
Are you looking for an unforgettable safari experience? Look no further than KwaZulu Natal, South Africa. This beautiful province in South Africa is home to some of the country's best game viewing safari tours.
A province located on the east coast of South Africa. It is one of the nine provinces in the country, and it has a rich history and cultural heritage. The province is well known for its wildlife viewing, Zulu culture and history, which offer visitors the opportunity to see some of the most amazing Big 5 wildlife in South Africa in private game reserves and national parks.
Some of the popular safaris in KwaZulu Natal and tours include the Big Five game drives in the Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park and a whole host of private game reserves in the Zululand region. Other destinations include the Drakensberg, battlefields and the province's famed Indian Ocean Beaches, including St Lucia and the iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
A few famous wildlife destinations include Hluhluwe iMfolozi Game Reserve, Tembe Elephant Park, Phinda Private Game Reserve, Thula Thula Private Game Reserve, Thanda Private Game Reserve and the Umkhuze Game Reserve.
The Different Types Of Tours And Safaris Available
Home to various safari holidays, each with its unique appeal. If you're looking for a luxurious lodge package, you'll be spoiled for choice in this province. From intimate lodges with just a few rooms to sprawling resorts with all the amenities, there is something to suit every taste.
Most of the tours, trips and holidays we offer in KwaZulu Natal are completely tailor-made around what our clients individually are looking for. Self-drive or guided options are available.
If you're looking for something a little more adventurous, consider a camping option. These tours offer an authentic South Africa safari experience, and you'll get to sleep under the stars in some of the most beautiful locations in KwaZulu Natal.
Some Of The Best Experiences To Be Had On A Safaris In KwaZulu Natal
The province is home to a diverse range of landscapes and wildlife, making for some unforgettable sightings. There is something for everyone, whether spotting the Big 5 on a game drive or getting up close and personal with elephants on a walking safari in a private game reserve or climbing the country's highest mountain peaks.
Here are some of the best and most popular options that are available in this amazing wildlife destination within the province;
- Game drives: Home to several game reserves, including the world-renowned Hluhluwe iMfolozi Game Reserve. This is the perfect place to go on a game drive safari and try to spot the Big Five, especially in the Zululand region in the numerous Big Five private game reserve destinations.
- Big 5 Walking safaris: Several 5 Five walking safaris are available for those who want to get up close and personal with nature. This is a great way to see the smaller animals and get an intimate experience of the bushveld. Big 5 walking excursions are on offer in many if not all of the private game reserves and national parks.
- Boat safaris: Why not try a boat excursion for something a little different? These are available on several lakes, rivers and wetlands (including the must-visit is the UNESCO World Heritage site iSimangaliso Wetland Park near the coastal town of St Lucia and Cape Vidal) and offer the chance to see a whole other side of the wildlife and birdlife.
- Mountain hiking tours: Explore the famed Drakensberg Mountain Range. Hikes range from easy to extreme; one must be fit, though, as the average height of the Drakensberg is 3 482 metres above sea level.
- Battlefield tours: Home to several fascinating battlefields from the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879. These battlefields offer a unique insight into South Africa and its colonial history and are a must-see for any history buff.
Tips For Anyone Who Is Planning To Go On A Safari In Natal
- Make sure you do your research and pick the right tours, trips and holidays for you. There are various safaris available, so make sure you choose one that suits your interests and budget.
- Always pack plenty of sunscreen and insect repellent, as the sun can be extreme, and there are many mosquitoes.
- Be sure to bring a camera to capture all the amazing wildlife you will see; an extra memory card is always a good idea.
- Most importantly, have fun and enjoy your time in Africa!
- All Covid safety measures are followed at all lodges, guesthouses, hotels, private game reserves and national parks.
No matter what type of safari experience you're interested in, the perfect place to experience it. So what are you waiting for? Book your KwaZulu Natal South Africa safari today!
The Best Safaris In KwaZulu Natal
Natal Self Drive Safaris
KwaZulu Natal is one of the most beautiful provinces in South Africa and is home to some of the best game reserves in the country. If you are looking for some of the best South Africa safari options that you can drive yourself, this is the perfect destination.
With a variety of Big Five game reserves to choose from, each with its own unique set of animals and landscapes, you will be spoilt for choice. So come and explore the province at your own pace with our portfolio of only the best Self Drive holidays.
KwaZulu Natal safari highlights include; Hluhluwe iMfolozi Game Reserve, iSimangaliso Wetland Park, Zululand, Drakensberg and Battlefields.
Natal Day Tours
Our KwaZulu Natal day tours offer visitors the chance to see all that the province has to offer, from the hustle and bustle of Durban city centre to the stunning beauty of the Drakensberg Mountains.
We offer full-day and half-day tours that start and end in Durban and tailor-made options for those who want to explore the province at their own pace.
Knowledgeable and experienced safari guides will take you to all KwaZulu Natal highlights, from Shakaland, Big Five game reserves, Battlefields, Drakensberg Mountains Zululand and the iSimangaliso Wetland Park.