Marataba Safari Lodge
- Enquire Now
- Safari Lodge Information
- - Lodge type; Luxury Safari Lodge
- - Location; Marakele National Park
- - Hotel size; 15 Tented Suites
- - Recommended stay; 3-5 nights
Marakele National Park is without question one of the most beautiful areas within the whole of South Africa. Contrasting mountain landscapes, grass-clad hills and deep valleys characterize the park, mix this with fantastic wildlife and birdlife and one has a safari destination like no other.
Located only 4 hours drive from Johannesburg make this the ideal luxury safari destination. There are also private air conditioned vehicle transfers available as well as a private airstrip close to the lodge for those who would be interested in flying into the National Park.
Rooms & Suites:
15 luxuriously appointed tented suites are on offer each with a private viewing deck looking out over the surrounding bushveld and meandering river below.
Other than each suite offering with a private viewing deck there is also his and hers basins and a dressing room as well as air-conditioning.
The huge bathrooms at Marataba offer up a a large free standing bath (big enough for two adults) as well as indoor and outdoor showers that take full advantage of the surrounding scenery.
Food & Wine:
Delicious gourmet meals with fresh African flavours are enjoyed either within the elegant dining area, outside in the gardens or under a glorious African sky in the boma. Bush breakfasts and dinners are also on cards, these are hosted deep in the surrounding bushveld.
Marataba Safari Lodge offer numerous safari activities, including;
- Morning and evening game drives
- Bush walks
- bird watching
- astronomy (night sky safaris)
- Specialist photographic safaris with Pete Oxford
- Bush breakfasts and dinners
- Boma dinners
- As well as children's activities
- With the Marataba National Park being Malaria Free, this makes it a perfect destination for families based safaris.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Marataba, Activities include;
- Private family safari drives
- Kiddie bush orientation
- Bug CSI
- Dung tracking
- Track pack with Plaster of Paris
- Rates from: R 6100.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - RSA; from £ 611
- USA - RSA; from $ 1390
- EUR - RSA; from € 495
- Subject to availability & T&C's