Madikwe Photo Galleries
Over the past years, we have had the absolute pleasure and privilege of visiting the Madikwe Game Reserve many times.
While staying at many of the safaris lodges within the reserve and taking part in numerous game drives, here are a few of the photographs that we have taken.
As with most wildlife photography, we would highly recommend a minimum of a 300mm lens attached to a DLSR, at a push you will be able to get away with a 200mm.
Note; we love our photography at Uyaphi.com but are by no means professionals, be kind :)
Please note that all these images are copyrighted to us here at Uyaphi.com.
- Madikwe Wild Dog GalleryWhen someones says that spotting a Wild Dog is a rare event, they truly mean it; The Wild Dog is extinct in 23 African countries and there is only 450 individual left in South Africa. So when the chance opportunity comes around to see these amazing creatures, grab that opportunity with both hands.
- Madikwe Elephant GalleryThe African Elephants stands as a proud member of Afric's "Big 5", and in the Madikwe Game Reserve, there is no shortage of these incredible animals. With a population of over 900 counted in the last census, the Madikwe is the destination for those who are in need to photograph these highly intelligent mammals.
- Madikwe Scenery GalleryOver the course of the last few years, we have had to opportunity to visit this amazing game reserve in the Northwest region of South Africa. One of the many striking features of the Madikwe Reserve is her vistas (other than of course her birdlife and wildlife), different to anything else that South Africa has to offer.
- Safari In Madikwe GalleryAll these photographs are based around what a safari in Madikwe is like from the back of a game drive vehicle; from the game spotters in the front to the heads of guides and other passengers all the way through people sitting in other vehicles watching the same wildlife you are.
- Madikwe Giraffe GalleryNow when it comes to spotting Giraffes in the Madikwe bushveld it should come as no surprise that these animals stand out like sore thumbs. Especially when one takes into consideration that the average male stands at 6 metres in height, one can literally spot them "a mile off".
- Madikwe Zebra GalleryOnly one species of Zebra can be found in the Madikwe Game Reserve and that is the stock standard every day "Plains zebra" or otherwise known as the "Burchell's zebra". In general, Zebra's are cannon fodder for lions, leopards and wild dogs and form a large part of their diet. Cheetahs can bring down smaller younger zebras.