Botswana Family Safaris
Hand Selected Family-Friendly Safari itineraries In And Around Botswana For The Ultimate Adventure Suitable For Families Of All Ages
With our portfolio of family safaris in Botswana, we have carefully selected destinations, safari camps, and lodges that offer a family experience of discovery that will be remembered for a lifetime.
Family-friendly safaris allow parents and children to bond and explore the natural world together, on game drives, on nature walks, around the table while enjoying a meal or simply relaxing as a family unit around a swimming pool. All safaris are safe, fun, and rewarding, offering up an unforgettable educational experience while also providing an exciting adventure.
Travelling with young children can be a bit daunting, but it can be an immensely rewarding experience with proper planning and research. Here are a few tips to help you plan the perfect family safari:
- Choose a lodge or safari that offers age-appropriate safari activities for one's children.
- Choose a lodge or camp that offers suitable Botswana family-friendly lodges; do you require interleading suites, or are you happy with the kids sleeping in the same room as you, the parents.
- Are there babysitting options, and is there a games room of sorts.
- The general safety in camp, in other words, does wildlife wander through camp (fenced or unfenced).
- Research the local culture and customs before your trip. This will help you and your family understand and respect Botswana's people and traditions.
- Is malaria present, and does this concern you as a family.
- Games drives usually are 3-4 hours long. Can your kids sit for this time frame and not get bored? If not, then a private game drive vehicle needs consideration.
The best time to take a Botswana safari is between June and October during the dry winter season. This is the peak tourism season in Botswana, and the weather is usually warm and sunny, making it perfect for game viewing. The landscapes are also very photogenic during this time of year.
Just a quick note, there is a difference between a safari that is child friendly versus one that is child tolerant. Only a few companies in Botswana offer authentic child-friendly safari itineraries.
Our expert consultants will guide you to the best choice of Botswana family safaris that are best suited to you on a bespoke itinerary based on what you and your family are looking to get out of your safari.
The Best Safaris And Vacations In Botswana For Families
Jack’s Camp And Kubu Island
Rates on Request, budget dependent6-days of sights, sounds and activities that will immerse you and your children in all this area offers. Spectacular scenery, wildlife and birdlife, meet and learn from Bushmen, meerkat encounters and of course a two-night quad bike safari to Kubu Island.
Horsing Riding Makgadikgadi
Rates on Request, budget dependentExperience the vast and mysterious Makgadikgadi area of Botswana on the back of a horse, just as the earliest explorers, hunters and missionaries did. Each member of the family is assigned a trusty steed for the duration of this 6-day safari.
Okavango And Kalahari Family
Rates from US$ 19 544.00
Two adults and two childrenThe perfect 7-day safari for families travelling to Botswana including the highlights of the Moremi, Okavango and the Kalahari. All camps visited offer a 'Young explores' programme that keeps children seven years and older entertained and educated.
Savute And Delta Family Safari
Rates from US$ 3 445.00 ppA short 5-day family safari that allows for a family to explore and experience two of Botswana famed wildlife destinations. A safari with dedicated camp assistants that plan all camp activities, safari activities and meal plans as one travels with the family.
Botswana Ultimate Family Safari
Rates from US$ 6 100.00 ppA 9-day safari for families keen on experiencing most of Botswana famed wildlife destinations, namely; the Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve, Savute and Chobe National Park. All camps and lodges are family-friendly with suitable activities, accommodation and meals plans.