Rates on Request, budget dependent
Rates on Request, based on child numbers and rooms that will be occupied.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Departure; Daily; Scheduled or Tailor-Made
- Duration; 9 Days/ 8 Nights
- Lodging; Safari Lodges and Camps
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Minimum age; Eight years old
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
A magical safari for the whole family awaits on this nine-day epic Botswana safari. Visit Makgadikgadi National Park, Makgadikgadi Pans, Boteti River and the wildlife-rich Khwai Private Reserve boarding the Okavango Delta.
Camps and activities are child and family friendly making for a safari that is not rivalled in Botswana. In other words, interested in a safari to Botswana but want the kids to experience everything with you, well look no further.
The "Botswana For Families" Safari is for you.
Day 1: Gweta
- After a quick meet and greet at Maun Airport on your arrival, we are whisked off to Planet Baobab by road transfer.
- Distance travelled is around 200 kilometres from Maun to Planet Baobab.
- Settle into bush life with an afternoon game drive around there are surrounding the camp.
- Accommodation: Planet Baobab
Days 2-4: Makgadikgadi Pans
- Today and after breakfast, we cross the seemingly endless salt pans to our destination, Camp Kalahari.
- Camp Kalahari is the perfect desert destination for families, groups and couples alike.
- Activities over the next few days include quad biking, horse riding, walks with Bushmen, meerkat viewing, star gazing, game drives (day and night) and birding.
- Accommodation: Camp Kalahari
Days 4-5: Makgadikgadi Pans National Park
- After breakfast and a short game drive, we head in the direction of the Boteti River and the stunning Meno a Kwena Camp.
- Wildlife and birdlife in this region of the Kalahari is nothing short of spectacular, especially on the banks of the river.
- Activities include Boat cruise (water level dependent), game drives, Bushmen walks and safaris, and sleep-outs on the Makgadikgadi.
- Accommodation: Meno a Kwena
Days 6-8: Khwai Private Reserve
- After breakfast and a short game drive, we depart the Magkadikgadi and head north in the direction of the Khwai Private Reserve and Sable Alley Camp
- The Khwai is home to wildlife like very few places in Africa.
- Daily safari activities often have sightings of Lion, leopard, wild dog, buffalo, elephant and hundreds of antelope.
- Let the family lose on game drives, walking safaris and traditional mokoro safaris amid the phenomenal wildlife and birdlife surrounding Sable Alley.
- Accommodation: Sable Alley Camp
Day 9: Botswana For Families Safari Ends
- After your last game drive in the Khwai, it is, unfortunately, time to head for the airstrip and your flight back to Maun.
- Your safari ends in Maun.
- Travelling costs as per itinerary
- Activities (most!)
- Entrance and park fees
- Accommodation as specified on a sharing basis
- All meals and local drinks
- Road transfers
- Applicable tourism levies
- Taxes and all relevant VAT
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Premium brand drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Additional activities
- Scheduled flights and related taxes
- Visa fees where relevant
- Cancellation, baggage, medical, and evacuation insurance