- Departure; Daily; Scheduled or Tailor-Made
- Duration; 9 Days/ 8 Nights
- Lodging; Safari Lodges and Camps
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Minimum age; Eight years old
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
A magical safari for the whole family awaits on this nine-day epic Botswana safari. Visit Makgadikgadi National Park, Makgadikgadi Pans, Boteti River and the wildlife-rich Khwai Private Reserve boarding the Okavango Delta.
Camps and activities are child and family friendly making for a safari that is not rivalled in Botswana. In other words, interested in a safari to Botswana but want the kids to experience everything with you, well look no further.
The "Botswana For Families" Safari is for you.
Day 1: Gweta
- After a quick meet and greet at Maun Airport on your arrival, we are whisked off to Planet Baobab by road transfer.
- Distance travelled is around 200 kilometres from Maun to Planet Baobab.
- Settle into bush life with an afternoon game drive around there are surrounding the camp.
- Accommodation: Planet Baobab
Days 2-4: Makgadikgadi Pans
- Today and after breakfast, we cross the seemingly endless salt pans to our destination, Camp Kalahari.
- Camp Kalahari is the perfect desert destination for families, groups and couples alike.
- Activities over the next few days include quad biking, horse riding, walks with Bushmen, meerkat viewing, star gazing, game drives (day and night) and birding.
- Accommodation: Camp Kalahari
Days 4-5: Makgadikgadi Pans National Park
- After breakfast and a short game drive, we head in the direction of the Boteti River and the stunning Meno a Kwena Camp.
- Wildlife and birdlife in this region of the Kalahari is nothing short of spectacular, especially on the banks of the river.
- Activities include Boat cruise (water level dependent), game drives, Bushmen walks and safaris, and sleep-outs on the Makgadikgadi.
- Accommodation: Meno a Kwena
Days 6-8: Khwai Private Reserve
- After breakfast and a short game drive, we depart the Magkadikgadi and head north in the direction of the Khwai Private Reserve and Sable Alley Camp
- The Khwai is home to wildlife like very few places in Africa.
- Daily safari activities often have sightings of Lion, leopard, wild dog, buffalo, elephant and hundreds of antelope.
- Let the family lose on game drives, walking safaris and traditional mokoro safaris amid the phenomenal wildlife and birdlife surrounding Sable Alley.
- Accommodation: Sable Alley Camp
Day 9: Botswana For Families Safari Ends
- After your last game drive in the Khwai, it is, unfortunately, time to head for the airstrip and your flight back to Maun.
- Your safari ends in Maun.
Rates on Request, budget dependent
Rates on Request, based on child numbers and rooms that will be occupied.
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- Travelling costs as per itinerary
- Activities (most!)
- Entrance and park fees
- Accommodation as specified on a sharing basis
- All meals and local drinks
- Road transfers
- Applicable tourism levies
- Taxes and all relevant VAT
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Premium brand drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Additional activities
- Scheduled flights and related taxes
- Visa fees where relevant
- Cancellation, baggage, medical, and evacuation insurance
Day Tours In Botswana
The top 10 day tours in Botswana. Experience flights, mokoro and boating excursions over and on the Okavango, game drive safaris in the Moremi and Chobe, boat cruises on the Chobe River and even trips to Victoria Falls and to watch the Kalahari Meerkats.
The perfect day tour options for anyone with a few hours or a day free.
10 Places To Visit In Botswana
10 Places To Visit, our travel experts have shared their favourite destinations and places to visit in the country.
Explore the Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve, and Chobe National Park, to mention a few. Add this stunning wildlife destination to your bucket list for a unique African travel experience!
Best Okavango Delta Safari Holidays
Okavango safaris are suitable for all budgets and interests, and we can tailor-make a trip to suit your needs.
So whether you're looking for an action-packed adventure or a relaxing and romantic getaway, then the Okavango is the perfect choice for those interested in Botswana as the ultimate travel experience.
The Best Exclusive Use Villas In Botswana
If you're looking for the most exclusive, luxurious experience in Botswana, look no further than these top-of-the-line private villas.
World-class cuisine, unparalleled views and locations, and unmatched professional guiding and service will make your stay unforgettable.
Plus, you'll have some of the best game viewing experiences on your doorstep!
Botswana Travel Bucket List
Our Travel Bucket List of destinations and activities that are a little off the cuff when it comes to this amazing country.
Not just your stock standard safari destinations but something a little different that will keep one interested not matter the time of year.
Light Aircraft Flights in Botswana
The world below from above… It's like a woven tapestry of colours, shapes and tones.
For me flying over Botswana and the Okavango Delta in a light aircraft was nothing short of captivating - my head firmly placed against the little windows to try and take it all in.
Mokoro The Okavango Delta
Mokoro safaris are a popular way to explore the wetlands of Botswana's Okavango.
A mokoro is a traditional dugout canoe, and passengers can enjoy a peaceful ride through the waterways while taking in the sights and sounds of this beautiful area.
If you are looking for a unique way to experience the Okavango, a mokoro trail or adventure is worth considering. This traditional form of transport is both eco-friendly and tranquil.
Uyaphi.Com Leads In Botswana
The award was presented by Karibu Safari Botswana in their international sales incentive competition for the year's best individual salesperson based on the number of confirmed bookings, pax travelling and the total value of sales.