Botswana is where you find some of the last wilderness destinations left in Africa; the Okavango Delta, Kalahari Desert, Chobe National Park and the salt pans of the Makgadikgadi. The country continues to be mostly untouched and unspoiled and the place to find Africa's most diversified wildlife amongst the most spectacular vistas. You can explore one of nature's great contrasts where the Kalahari Desert encounters the natural wonder of the Okavango.
The perfect time for most Botswana safari holidays is between May and October with cooler daily temperatures and the Okavango in flood. Although over the past few years the summer months (November to April) have become hugely popular for those seeking an escape from the cold of the Northern hemisphere.
Thousands of elephants, in volumes unique throughout the African continent, can easily be viewed around the banks of the Chobe River located in the Northern Chobe National Park, which possesses probably the most abundant wildlife in Southern Africa. In the unspoiled national parks and reserves of Botswana, you can return to a previous age where man has made no impact on scenery or the daily rhythm of the natural world.
Our expert consultants will guide you as to the choice of safaris in Botswana that are best suited to you on a bespoke itinerary. Or simply use our Botswana safari planner to narrow in on what you are looking for.
- Botswana Luxury Tented SafarisAll of these luxury tented safaris are based around large Meru-style canvas tents that offer up en-suite facilities, twin beds, shaded verandahs with a pair of lazy-boy safari chairs. The remote and wild camp is set up by a safari team before one's arrival. The ultimate in camping luxury.
- Botswana Mobile SafarisThe mobile safaris that we offer in Botswana are based on the term "fully serviced" camping safaris. These safaris differ from "semi participation" safaris in that the tents are bigger with en-suite toilets and that a safari crew sets up camp, does the cooking and other general camp duties.
- Botswana Camping SafarisAll the camping safaris in Botswana that we offer are of the "semi participation" variety. This only means that guests are required to set up and pack their tents as well as to help pack and unpack the safari vehicles (yip a little manual labor). All cooking, cleaning, and other tasks are done by the safari team.
- Botswana Family SafarisWith our family safaris within Botswana; we have carefully selected destinations, hotels and lodges which offer a family experience of discovery that will be remembered for a lifetime. Family safaris are safe, fun and rewarding and which truly enable parents to bond with their children.
- Botswana Budget SafarisHere we offer a selection of safaris for the more budget orientated travellers to Botswana, safaris that include camping and lodge based travel. Botswana does not need to cost you an arm and a leg. The group size on these safaris is, of course, going to be bigger than the other expensive options we offer.
- Botswana Safari PlannerThis is our Botswana safari planner page, an extensive and detailed form allows you to describe exactly what you are looking to get out of your stay in Botswana. Areas and region you would like to visit, your budget restraints or lack thereof. It is here that your tailor-made Botswana safari starts to take shape.