Highlights at Meno a Kwena
- Awesome location on the Boteti River
- Armchair viewing of wildlife below camp
- Zebra migration is resident here for much of the year
- Ideal for families and couples alike
- The night stars are amazing
- The desert wildlife and birdlife
Meno a Kwena Information
- Lodge type; Safari Camp
- Location; Makgadikgadi Area
- Lodge size; 9 safari tents
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
A hidden gem of a camp perched on a rocky clifftop above the Boteti River and overlooking the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park. Meno a Kwena is owner run and managed offered up a wide variety of activities and attractions.
A safari experience that never seems to stop with game drives, day trips to the Makgadikgadi Pans, guided walks with Bushmen and wildlife-watching boat trips to mention a few.
Rooms and Suites
Nine magnificent tented safari suites perched on a 100-foot high clifftop overlooking the river all offering some of the best "armchair" game viewing in Botswana. The decor is of a colonial/ classic safari style, refreshingly and stylishly simple.
All suites offer en-suite bathroom facilities with outdoor showers to top things off.
For families, two of the tented suites are inter-leading, perfect for families.
Cuisine and Wine
Meals at Meno a Kwena always of a high standard and simply delicious. Cooked over an open fire with the freshest ingredients, one will not be disappointed no matter whether it be breakfast, dinner or afternoon tea.
A fine selection of South African wines, local beers, bottled water and of course cool drinks are available at meal times and during the course of the day.
The large lounge and library area are covered in canvas, piled high with books, decorated with traditional artefacts all the while offering views out over the Boteti River and into the surrounding bushveld.
A rocky swimming pool for those hot summer days also offers fantastic wildlife and birdlife rich views. Below the central guest area, one of the highlights of the camp can be found, a floating game-viewing hide.
- Boat cruise on the Boteti River (depending on the time of year and water levels)
- Morning and afternoon game drives in the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park
- Cultural walks and safaris with the local Bushman tribe
- Sleep outs on the Makgadikgadi Pans under African stars like you have never seen before
Children of all ages are most welcome at Meno a Kwena, with a range of meals, activities and accommodation options ideal for families with kids in tow.
Older children (over 12 years old) will get the most out of this camp with the activities on offer. Wildlife does enter the camp and parents have to be exceptionally alert to this fact, children are not to be left alone at any time.
Rates from US$495.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollars (US$)
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- Local drinks
- Activities (NB some activities at an extra surcharge)
- Premium brand beverages
- Tips & gratuities
- Travel insurance