- Departure; Daily; Scheduled or Tailor-Made
- Duration; 4 Days/ 3 Nights
- Lodging; Footsteps Camp
- Group Size; Minimum 2
- Minimum age; Seven years old
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
At Footsteps Across the Delta one enters one of the amazing, untouched parts of The African continent, the astounding Okavango Delta, and additionally encounter the astonishing contrasts created once the mighty Okavango River flows into the arid Kalahari Desert. The result is an assortment of habitats, riverine forest, palm islands, permanent swamps and also dry sandveld all with an unequalled plethora of animal variety.
Day 1: Maun to Okavango Delta
- On arrival in Maun, you will be met by a representative, complete a registration card and indemnity form, then board a light aircraft transfer to the Shinde Private concession.
- The flight is approximately 25 minutes, and you will be amazed as the desert transforms to delta before your eyes.
- At the airstrip, you transfer in a 4x4 safari vehicle to camp.
- Over a refreshing drink and light lunch you will be briefed on activities and safety during your stay, then it is time to settle into camp.
- Footsteps is a rustic style camp with twin beds, en-suite dugout toilet and an adjacent open-air bucket shower.
- There is no electricity at camp, and it is run as an eco-friendly operation with cooking over the fire, solar panels and low voltage battery operated lamps.
- Later in the afternoon, it is time to begin your first lesson in bushcraft and some rules regarding animal behaviour and respect for all the inhabitants of the wilderness.
- We set out on a short walk, allowing you to become accustomed to some of the sights sounds and smells that make up the language of the African Bush.
- We return to camp for a piping hot bucket shower under the starts followed by a tasty dinner.
- Around the campfire, we discuss the lessons of the day and learn more about Botswana and the history of the country, and it's people.
- For those that can stay awake long enough, we can examine some of the stars in the African night sky before heading to bed - ready for an early start the next day.
- (Lunch and Dinner, including drinks)
- Accommodation; Footsteps Camp
Days 2-3: Okavango Delta
- The next two days begin early before sunrise with coffee around the fire, and a light breakfast before heading out to see what the bush has in store for us.
- We will explore the area on a variety of activities.
- On foot we will follow the water's edge, examining tracks left by overnight visitors.
- We will explore the Okavango waterways in a traditional dugout canoe - mokoro, and perhaps catch some fish in the traditional way - to release or bring back to camp to cook dinner over an open fire.
- Game drives will be taken in open 4x4 vehicles, and you may learn the basic principles of driving in a wildlife area, in addition to the bush mechanics basics - changing a tyre in the thick sand for example!.
- We may encounter some large species en route, including lion, elephants, buffalo, cheetah, wildebeest, and impala.
- There will even be an opportunity to learn the rules and skills involved in handling a rifle safely, and we learn to shoot with a pellet gun on our bush range.
- Time will be spent in camp, and the adults have a chance to siesta while the young cubs are watched over by their guides, recording observations in our Bush Journals, learning some traditional bush skills such as basket weaving and even some bush cooking over an open fire.
- (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, including drinks)
- Accommodation; Footsteps Camp
Day 4: Okavango Family Safari Ends
- After farewells to the camp staff and your guides, you transfer by light aircraft onto Maun to embark on your next adventure.
Rates from US$ 2 550.00 pp
The Above Rates should be used as a guideline only.
- Rates are based per person in a family of four
- All rates are subject to availability
- Rates may vary according to the season
- Lodging may change depending on your budget
- Vehicle type may change depending on your budget
- All rates may change without notice
- Single supplement may apply
- 3 nights fully inclusive accommodation at Footsteps Camp
- An itinerary designed by a qualified Environmental Educator
- All activities including
- All meals, snacks and beverages whilst in camp
- Daily laundry service available
- All children receive a young Explorer's Bush Journal
- All flights
- Airport taxes
- Personal expenses