Remote Lodges In Zambia
Zambia has one aspect in bucket loads: wild and remote areas, areas that have seen little to no human interference in centuries. With famed National Parks like the Lower Zambezi, South Luangwa, North Luangwa, Kafue, West Lunga, Liuwa Plains, Kasanka and much more further north on offer, one is spoilt for choice when it comes to remote accommodation options.
The list below of remote and wild lodges all offer up fantastic wildlife and birdlife experiences that are all as far away from humanity as one can get when in Zambia.
And now, for the fun part, getting to these lodges can be a challenge at the best of times as they are so remote and a fair amount of effort goes into the planning. Road transfers take longer, but one can spot wildlife all the route, this is also the cheaper option, fly-in options are available, and with the shorter travelling time, one can maximise one's time on the ground, but this does come at a cost. Either way, getting there is half the fun.
Most Remote Camps In Zambia
- Shumba CampShumba Camp is situated in the northern region of the Kafue National Park, in the famed Busanga Plains area. The Plains, covering approximately 750 square kilometers, is considered one of Zambia's most important wetlands as well as a wildlife paradise with a wealth of plains game, predators and birds.
- Chiawa CampChiawa Camp is a must for any visit to Zambia with superb accommodation, magnificent game viewing and scenery, and a large variety of activities are complemented by renowned guiding. A stunning thatched lounge area with upstairs viewing deck provides one of the best views of the Zambezi.
- Luwi Bush CampDue to its remote location, there are not many roads in the area so activities are centered on walking safaris. This fact makes Luwi Bush Camp one of the most enthralling camps in Zambia. The wildlife in the area is prolific and to track it each day on foot is a memory that will last a lifetime.
- Fig Tree Bush CampFig Tree Bush Camp is located in a wild region of the Kafue National Park surrounded by exceptional wildlife including lion, cheetah, leopard and hyena and occasionally wild dog. A small and intimate camp that offers up only 4 tented suites is the perfect destination for wildlife and birdlife enthusiasts.
- Kaingu LodgeKaingu Lodge offers guests a choice of six tented suites and one family house, a small and intimate lodge that is owner run and managed that is perfect for couples, honeymoons and families alike. The lodge is set in a pristine wilderness on the banks of the Kafue River with views into National park itself.