Rates from US$ 610.00 per person
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Luxury RiverLodge
- Location; Lower Zambezi River
- Lodge size; 4 safari Suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
On the banks of the Zambezi River in the Lower Zambezi National Park some 35km downstream from Chiawa Camp this is a beautiful and remote site overlooking a maze of hippo-inhabited islands and channels.
With only 8 beds Old Mondoro is the Lower Zambezi's most intimate and private safari camp.
The concept of this Lower Zambezi Bush Camp is simple - to step back from the larger, ultra-luxurious lodges seemingly springing up everywhere, and rather provide guests with an authentic remote safari that concentrates on the wildlife and bush experience whilst not forgoing any necessary creature comforts.
- A King size bed (or two singles) draped in mosquito nets and Egyptian cotton linens
- 24 hour lighting supplied by an ingenious "green" 24 volt electricity system
- 24/7 hot and cold water supply the en suite facilities which include indoor flush loo and wash basin and outdoor shower & huge "splash-tub" all overlooking the Zambezi.
Each room also has a shaded timber sun deck complete with a comfy day bed for relaxation with the very best of views.
A traditional bush kitchen will supply outstanding meals and fresh bread baked daily from a homemade oven.
The entire experience is unpretentious and uncomplicated but promises a unique safari that gives guests the best bush experience possible.
The Main tent at Old Mondoro offers a lounge and dining area situated underneath the trees overlooking the mighty Zambezi River. Paraffin lanterns provide natural lighting and create a romantic atmosphere.
The Park offers excellent game viewing throughout, with there being more elephant, lion and buffalo activity closer to Chiawa Camp, and Old Mondoro's area to the east which seems to deliver more frequent leopard and serval sightings, and more plains game such as Zebra and Kudu.
Also on offer at Old Mondoro are;
- - game drives (day & night)
- - canoeing
- - game viewing by motor boat
- - catch & release fishing for tigerfish with all tackle (conventional and fly) available.
Children over 12 years of age.
- Canoeing trips
- Sunset cruises
- Bird watching
- Open vehicle guided drives, night drives
- Walking safaris
- Rates are per person per night and include 16% VAT and transfers between Old Mondoro and Jeki / Royal Airstrip
- Luxury tented accommodation at Chiawa – all with full en-suite facilities
- All meals, beverages, house wines, local spirits, and laundry
- One free privately guided activity per day at Chiawa Camp
- Professionally guided safaris activities: game drives (day and night), bush walks, boat trips, angling, and canoe trips
- Park, Conservation, Community & Carbon Collection Fees of US$ 90 per person per night – subject to change
- Air-or river transfers to/from Lower Zambezi
- Park angling permits and lost or broken fishing tackle
- Airport departure tax
- Gratuities, visa fees, and personal extras