Zambia, The Ultimate Safari And Wildlife Experience Awaits All That Visit This Amazing Country
Are you looking for a safari in Zambia second to one? Hand on heart, we can assure you that Zambia as a safari destination will offer up one of the best wildlife encounters found on the African continent.
Zambia is home to an abundance of wildlife, including some of Africa's most famous animals. The country's wildlife parks and reserves offer visitors the opportunity to view epic wildlife and birdlife in their natural habitats.
Combine all of the above with one of Africa's most underdeveloped countries, and one starts to see where Zambia's marketing slogan comes from; "Zambia, The Real Africa".
Highlights Of A Safari Through Zambia!
- Victoria Falls and Batoka Gorge; Undoubtedly one of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring waterfalls in the world, Victoria Falls, the adventure capital of the world is a must-visit for all safari holidays to Southern Africa, never mind Zambia. A few famed activities include; bungee jumping off the Victoria Falls bridge, white water rafting on the Zambezi, and the Batoka Gorge swing.
- South Luangwa National Park; is known for its vast pods of hippos, herds (towers) of giraffes and leopard sightings along the Luangwa River. South Luangwa is also home to the walking safari; an incredible safari experience awaits.
- Lower Zambezi National Park; is home to the Zambezi Escarpment and Valley, the mighty Zambezi River, canoeing safaris, walking safaris and a pristine natural environment. Wildlife and birdlife sightings here are outstanding.
- Wildlife; expect some of the best wildlife sightings and experiences in Africa. With its large wildlife reserves, Zambia quite simply surpasses most other safari destinations regarding wildlife; there is no questioning that.
- Birders will be in their element on safaris in Zambia. With over 750 bird species, Zambia is a birder's paradise.
Kafue National Park (and the Busanga Plains), Kasanka, Liuwa Plain, North Luangwa, the entire length of the Zambezi River, Lake Kariba and Sioma Ngwezi National Parks are other highlights worth visiting when in the country.
Safari Types And Experiences In Zambia!
You can explore the national parks on foot or by boat, game drives through the bush in open 4x4s or even fly over them on a microlight aircraft or hot air balloon, whatever tickles your fancy! There are plenty of options available for those who want more than just a taste of this beautiful country, including multi-day tours with overnight stays at lodges or tented safari camps where you can get up close to nature without having to rough it too much!
Honeymoon, luxury, fly-in, tented mobile and family safari options are available should you be looking for something more specific to your wants and needs.
Considerations When Planning A Zambia Safari!
Firstly, and probably the most important aspect to budget for when planning Zambia safari tours, park fees in Zambia are expensive and why most people are turned off by travelling here. But this is the price we all have to pay for a less crowded safari holiday experience. Zambian parks authorities do, however, need to re-address this, in our opinion.
Secondly, travelling around the country is highly recommended during the dry season (winter in the Southern Hemisphere). June to October, the dry season, is the timeframe to look at, although this is also "high season" in terms of rates. The rainy season (November to April) sees quite a few national park roads close due to inaccessibility.
Accommodation Options When On Safari!
Safari lodge and camp options for all our Zambia safaris (listed below) range from classic tented safari camps to the ultimate in luxury lodges. No matter where they are located, all the Zambia lodges offer the best in service and the best activities available within one's budget.
As a side note, we also offer establishments suitable for honeymooners, romantics, single travellers, and small family groups—something to suit everyone. Accommodation establishments can be found in or near the iconic wildlife destinations of the Zambezi River, Kafue National Park, South Luangwa National Park and Lower Zambezi National Park (directly opposite Mana Pools National park in Zimbabwe), to mention just a few.
With over 22 years of experience in Zambia (and Africa), we know what it takes to make an African Safari one that you will remember forever. Our team are passionate about Africa and its people - they love their job! They will go out of their way to ensure that your trip is as memorable as possible by providing excellent personal service.
Contact us today about planning your safari in Zambia using our website! We would be delighted to help plan your bespoke safari holidays in Zambia.
Our Most Popular Safaris In Zambia
Kasanka Bat Safari
From US$ 4499.00 pp sharingThe Bat Migration in Zambia's "Kasanka National Park" compares only to a few of Africa's great migrations, the wildebeest and zebra migration in East Africa being one of them. This is one of Africa's Wildlife events that need to be on all calendars, at least once in your lifetime.
Luangwa Walking Safari
From US$ 3850.00 pp sharingThe Luangwa Valley, which marks the end of the Great Rift Valley, is one of the last unspoiled wilderness areas and possibly the finest wildlife sanctuary in Africa. It covers an area of over 9000 sq. km. through which the meandering Luangwa River runs.
The Highlights Of Zambia
From US$ 6630.00 pp sharingA safari package that visits three of the best locations for wildlife and scenery within the country of Zambia as a whole these being the mighty Zambezi River, Victoria Falls, South Luangwa National Park and the wild and remote Lower Zambezi National Park.