Ras Nungwi Beach Hotel
- Enquire Now
On the northern most peninsula of Zanzibar Island, Ras Nungwi Beach Hotel overlooks a sparkling expanse of iridescent Indian Ocean, a cluster of whitewashed and palm thatched cottages in rich tropical gardens. Its myriad pathways are shaded by elegant palms, creating soft sun-dappled walkways between beach and banda, balcony and bar.
Thsi Zanzibar Beach Hotel is infused with the laid-back, exotic yet ultimately natural spirit of Zanzibar, this is the place to relax and enjoy all that this extraordinary part of the world has to offer. The lush gardens drop down onto one of the finest and most unspoilt beaches on the island, which in turn is fringed by a wide and thriving coral reef.
Ras Nungwi Beach Hotel is situated in a glorious natural paradise, and our vision is for nature and the hotel to coexist harmoniously so that guests can enjoy the beauty of the natural surroundings without forsaking creature comforts.An eco-sensitive approach has ensured that the delicate balance of land and sea, flora and fauna is preserved for all to enjoy in the years to come.
Rooms & Suites:
All 32 rooms are tastefully furnished, with hand-crafted four poster beds and indigenous decor, and all have balconies, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, hair-dryers, electronic safes and en suite facilities with deluxe bathroom amenities.
Mosquito nets over all beds ensure a peaceful night's sleep, with the sound of the ocean rounding off a relaxing day in paradise.
Lodge rooms have a garden view and both types of chalet room (superior and superior deluxe) have a sea view, with proximity to the ocean being closer the higher the category. Both chalet categories are fitted with mini-bars.
Superior deluxe chalet rooms also have a CD-player and and other special extras.
Food & Wine:
Where better to enjoy gourmet evenings under the stars than on the fabled island of spice. Our chefs relish the task of preparing elegant and appetising menus from an abundance of local ingredients, including fresh coconut and aromatic spices, the finest array of seafood and plenty of heavenly tropical fruit. Offering a true fine dining experience, Ras Nungwi is renowned for its excellent cuisine.
Connoisseurs will also appreciate our winelist, the most extensive in the region, selected to appeal to all palettes and tastes. With the exception of our French champagnes, all wines are chosen from award-winning South African vineyards.
Spa:Set in tropical gardens, the hotel's Peponi Spa offers an array of rejuvenating, pampering and holistic treatments to calm the mind, body and soul. Built with the use of natural materials and designed using only warm tones and simple lines, it provides a calming atmosphere in which to completely relax. Restful music and the subtle aroma of essential oils also add to our spa experience. Qualified professionals conduct all treatments.
- The Ras Nungwi Beach Hotel has a on-site watersports centre is a five star member of the PADI International Resort Association. It incorporates a PADI dive school, also offering snorkelling, dhow cruises, kayaking, wind-surfing, water-skiing and professional deep-sea fishing. The centre typically employs 3 to 4 scuba diving instructors and the centre is operated to the highest levels of safety
- Designer deck-level fresh water swimming pool for hotel guests
- Games area including pool table, darts, table tennis, board games and small library
- Mountain bikes available for hire
- Gift shop
- Live music two or three times a week
- Secluded TV room with international sports, movies & news satellite channels
- Visits to Nungwi village, Zanzibar's dhow-building capital and home to a turtle sanctuary. The village has several bars and restaurants, popular with some guests.
- Resort Information
- - Lodge type; Island Resort
- - Location; Zanzibar
- - Lodge size; 32 rooms
- - Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
- Resort Highlights
- - Sun tanning
- - Relaxing
- - Peponi Spa
- - Diving (5 Star PADI Instructor Development Centre)
- - Some of Africa's best deep sea fishing grounds
- - excursion is to Jozani Forest
- Rates on Request
- Rates form part of Tanzania Safari itinerary
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in US Dollar
- Rates form part of safari itinerary
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - TANZ; from £ 515
- USA - TANZ; from $ 1128
- EUR - TANZ; from € 670
- Subject to availability & T&C's