Grootbos Garden Lodge Highlights
- All meals
- Nature drives and walks
- Private wooden deck
- Luxurious bathrooms
Grootbos Garden Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Nature Lodge
- Location; Gansbaai
- Lodge size; 11 suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Grootbos Garden Lodge has a more African contemporary theme as opposed to the other lodges in the reserve, with an earthy colour scheme, dark furnishing and African prints and baskets.
The central area and suites are built from timber, stone and thatch to compliment the surrounding environment of fynbos and indigenous trees.
From all areas of the lodge, one has panoramic views that seem to go on forever. On a clear day, one can see Cape Point which is 87 km's away on the other side of False Bay.
Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is nestled between mountains and the Atlantic Ocean view views like no other on this coastline. It is here that one experiences a melting pot of biodiversity, natural wonder and culture all the while staying in 5-star luxury accommodation.
Interesting features of the reserve;
- 2500 hectares in size
- 794 plant species found on the reserve
- Of which 100 are endangered
- 3 Milkwood forests, each over 100 years in age
- Six mammal species can be found
- Home of the "Marine Big 5" - whales, sharks, dolphins, seals and penguins
Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a relatively short 2½ drive from Cape Town or 30 minutes from Hermanus.
Rooms and Suites
The 11 free-standing suites are stylishly furnished and offer guests large canopy beds, separate lounges with fireplaces, private viewing decks and large en-suite bathrooms.
- Private deck with panoramic sea views
- Lounge with cosy fireplace
- Underfloor heating
- Air conditioner
- Satellite TV (selected channels) and DVD player
- Pool bag with pool towels
- Mini bar
- Secure safe
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Our own Just Pure guest toiletries
- Gowns and slippers
- Hair dryer
Cuisine and Wine
Breakfasts, lunches, high tea and dinners is where the chefs (yes - more than one chef) and their team shine and shine brightly they do.
The meals that exit the kitchen are nothing short of delicious. Organic produce is grown right here on the reserve and is served in ways that are just bursting with flavour.
Child-friendly options are available.
Dinner in the boma depending on the weather is a must.
Facilities include a swimming pool, restaurant, lounge area with telescopes and binoculars, laundry service, centralised telephone, fax, e-mail and postal service.
Additionally, Garden Lodge boasts an extensive library and an ecological interpretation and research centre with displays, plant and animal species lists as well as the "Bloom" Beauty Salon.
Nature-based activities are what Grootbos is all about, either on the reserve itself or nearby. There are enough options to keep travellers enthralled and engaged for weeks
From Whale Watching and Shark Cage Diving nearby to 4x4 Flower Safaris and Horse Riding on the reserve. There is something for everyone no matter the age or their interests.
- Whale Watching
- Shark Cage Diving
- Marine Big 5
- Walks and Hikes
- 4x4 Flower Safari
- Cave Tour
- Horse Riding
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Flights
- Quad Biking
The perfect lodge for families as children of all ages are welcome. Family accommodation and children based activities are on offer.
Spa and Wellness
Spa treatments are available on site while treatments range from deep tissue massages to facials to pedicures and almost everything in between.
Treatments are available in the privacy of your room, the spa itself or deep in a 100-year-old Milkwood forest.
Rates from R12 975.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands (ZAR)
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Accommodation in luxury suites
- Welcome drinks
- Water, soft drinks, tea and coffee, minibar
- Fresh fruit daily in suite
- Light lunch
- 5-course dinner
- Breakfast buffet with a full English breakfast menu
- Horse riding for non and experienced riders
- Guided walks
- Nature, marine & coastal drives
- Local and international flights
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa Treatments
- Activities; boat trips, scenic flights, quad biking, beach horse riding
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance