Grootbos Forest Lodge Highlights
- Forest Lodge restaurant
- Swimming pool area
- Anyone of the 16 suites
- The views and sunsets
- The boma in the forest
- Wine cellar
Grootbos Forest Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Nature Lodge
- Location; Gansbaai
- Lodge size; 16 suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Grootbos Forest Lodge with her contemporary design reflects the surrounding natural beauty of the reserve.
The lodge is nestled in, around and under a 100-year-old milkwood forest with the most stunning of views. A covered forested pathway connects the central guest area to the suites, restaurant and pool.
A more adult-focused lodge that more suitable for the romantics out there than those with children in tow.
Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is nestled between mountains and the Atlantic Ocean view views like no other on this coastline. It is here that one experiences a melting pot of biodiversity, natural wonder and culture all the while staying in 5-star luxury accommodation.
Interesting features of the reserve;
- 2500 hectares in size
- 794 plant species found on the reserve
- Of which 100 are endangered
- 3 Milkwood forests, each over 100 years in age
- Six mammal species can be found
- Home of the "Marine Big 5" - whales, sharks, dolphins, seals and penguins
Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a relatively short 2½ drive from Cape Town or 30 minutes from Hermanus.
Rooms and Suites
16 luxury suites are set far apart enough to ensure a feeling of isolation and privacy. All suites have the most stunning panoramic views out over the Grootbos reserve onto Walker Bay and out over the Atlantic Ocean.
Cosy fireplaces, luxurious canopy beds, and spacious bathrooms make this the ultimate romantic getaway. Large glass doors flood the space with natural light and open out onto spacious wooden decks perched over the forest canopy.
Suites are connected to the main lodge via an enchanted cobbled pathway beneath the forest canopy.
- Private deck with panoramic sea views
- Lounge with cosy fireplace
- Underfloor heating
- Air conditioner
- Satellite TV (selected channels) and DVD player
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Our signature Just Pure guest toiletries
- Secure safe
- Gowns and slippers
- Pool bag with pool towels
- Hair dryer
Cuisine and Wine
The restaurant at Forest Lodge is spectacular, to say the least, it is not only those fantastic views on offer but the selection of wines and that delicious food that comes out of the kitchen.
Whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner one is in for a right royal treat with meals bursting with flavour. Meals are prepared with only the freshest ingredients, most of which are grown right here on the reserve.
If the weather is playing along, a diner on the deck is a must or even better is the boma area under those Milkwood trees.
Facilities include a swimming pool, restaurant, lounge area with telescopes and binoculars, laundry service, centralised telephone, fax, e-mail and postal service.
Additionally, Forest Lodge boasts a bar area and sun-bleached decks with majestic vistas as well as state-of-the-art conference facilities and its gallery.
Nature-based activities is what Grootbos is all about, either on the reserve itself or nearby. There are enough options to keep travellers enthralled and engaged for weeks
From Whale Watching and Shark Cage Diving nearby to 4x4 Flower Safaris and Horse Riding on the reserve. There is something for everyone no matter the age or their interests.
- Whale Watching
- Shark Cage Diving
- Marine Big 5
- Walks and Hikes
- 4x4 Flower Safari
- Cave Tour
- Horse Riding
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Flights
- Quad Biking
No children under 12, sorry.
Spa and Wellness
Spa treatments are available on site while treatments range from deep tissue massages to facials to pedicures and almost everything in between.
Treatments are available in the privacy of your room, the spa itself or deep in a 100-year-old Milkwood forest.
Rates from R7 300.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands (ZAR)
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Accommodation in luxury suites
- Welcome drinks
- Water, soft drinks, tea and coffee, minibar
- Fresh fruit daily in suite
- Light lunch
- 5-course dinner
- Breakfast buffet with a full English breakfast menu
- Horse riding for non and experienced riders
- Guided walks
- Nature, marine & coastal drives
- Local and international flights
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa Treatments
- Activities; boat trips, scenic flights, quad biking, beach horse riding
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance