- Departure; Daily
- Duration; 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Lodging; Safari Lodges
- Group Size; Minimum 1
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Days 1-3: Northern Madikwe Region
- On arrival at O.R. Tambo International Airport, pick up your rental car and self-drive to the Madikwe Game Reserve.
- (Depending on flight arrival times, a night in Johannesburg might be worth considering).
- Madikwe Game Reserve is ± 4 hours (travelling at speed limits, no sightseeing) from the Airport on well-maintained national roads (Tar and dirt roads).
- Arrive at Jaci's Safari Lodge and should time allow, depart on a late afternoon game drive.
- The next few days are spent viewing, photographing and experiencing the wonders of the Northern Madikwe Game Reserve ecosystems.
- Jaci's Safari Lodge Highlights;
- Two game drives a day
- Big 5 as well as Wilddog, Cheetah and both Spotted & Brown Hyena
- Malaria Free
- 66 large mammal species
- 300 resident and migrant bird species
- Fully equipped gym
- Kiddies play area
- Swimming Pool
- Spa treatments (optional)
- Distance; O.R Tambo International Airport to Madikwe = 309km
- Accommodation; Jaci's Safari Lodge
Days 4-5: Southern Madikwe Region
- After your breakfast, self-drive through the reserve in a southerly direction as the ecosystems around you change.
- Estimated travelling time from Jaci's to Impodimo: ± 1 hour (depending on the wildlife sightings along the way).
- Check into Impodimo Game Lodge in time for lunch, followed by a siesta time and a late afternoon game drive.
- The next few days are spent viewing, photographing and experiencing the wonders of the Welgevonden Private Game Reserve.
- Impodimo Game Lodge Highlights;
- Two game drives a day
- Feature swimming pool
- Outdoor dining area (Boma & pool Lapa)
- Wine cellar
- Bush dinner venue
- In-room spa treatments (optional)
- Distance; Madikwe to Welgevonden = 67km
- Accommodation; Impodimo Game Lodge
Day 6: Madikwe North And South Safari Ends
- After your morning game drive and breakfast, depart for Johannesburg ± 4 to 5 hours (travelling at a leisurely pace).
- Distance; Southern Madikwe to O.R Tambo International Airport = 232km
Rates on Request, budget dependant
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Accommodation based on budget
- Vehicle type based on budget
- Meals as stated
- Activities as stated
- Activities not included in above itinerary
- Local and International Flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Fuel costs
- Car Hire Insurance
Kids On Safari In The Madikwe, South Africa
Kids In The Madikwe, a game reserve that offers up some of the best Big 5 sightings, a malaria-free area and a reserve that hosts some of the best family and child-friendly establishments in Southern Africa.
This is the Madikwe Game Reserve.
If you're looking for an unpretentious good quality accommodation establishment, look no further than Impodimo in The Madikwe. Coming in at the perfect price, offering all the creature comforts as well as wildlife activities could easily be associated with a property 3x the price.
One will certainly not be disappointed.
A review of one of our favourite lodges not only in the Madikwe Game Reserve but the whole of South Africa.
Why and how (well you will have to read for more thoughts and opinions), but in a nutshell - magnificent wildlife, great food, great rooms and most importantly fantastic service.
One of those lodges that just blew us away. We knew that we were going somewhere special but just did not realise how extraordinary the experience would be.
Reflecting that old-world wildlife and birdlife experience - it is indeed more old school than new school regarding decor and feels.