Grootbos Nature Reserve
- Enquire Now
- Hotel Information
- - Lodge type; Luxury Lodges
- - Location; Hermanus
- - Lodge size; Lodge Dependant
- - Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Highly skilled field guides with intimate knowledge of the local history, fauna and flora host all activities. Grootbos is a nature lover's paradise with eco-sensitive guided trips that will explore the intricate world of plants and animals both on land and at sea. Grootbos is the proud recipient of numerous awards, for accommodation, exceptional service and its contribution towards eco-tourism.
Rooms & Suites:
Grootbos Nature Reserve offers up three accommodation options;
Grootbos Garden Lodge: With a choice of three accommodation options (classic, luxury & 2 bedroomed luxury suites) Garden Lodge is fashioned from stone, thatch and timber whilst being postioned within landscaped fynbos gardens.
Grootbos Forest Lodge: The Forest Lodge is a masterpiece of sophisticated contemporary design reflecting the breathtaking natural beauty of the surrounding landscape.
Grootbos Villa: Accommodation up to 12 adults - this Villa is possibly one of the most exclusive offerings in the whole of South Africa.
Food & Wine:
Gourmet cuisine featuring seafood specialties and fine wines are served by candlelight in the warm African décor of the lodge where an unforgettable combination of hospitality, friendship and professionalism may be experienced.
A highlight of any evening at Grootbos is to begin your African Dinner Experience with a wine tasting followed by a fusion of culinary delights. The personal and attentive service is a hallmark of this fine establishment.
Guests are welcome to relax in the lounge area of the Grootbos Nature Reserve, where the newspaper, local and international journals and reference books are available for reading. The lounge leads out onto the swimming pool and sun deck, where a magnificent view of the Walker Bay fills the horizon.
- Marine Activities: Beach walks, cage shark diving, boat whale watching, cruise to Dyer Island.
- Horse Riding: The perfect way to experience the reserve. Pony rides available for children.
- Flower Vallery: Visit a fully functional fynbos flower export farm which produces floral bouquets and other fynbos products.
- Open 4x4 vehicle: Explore different eco-zones within the reserve by 4x4.
- Rates from: R 2790.00
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - RSA; from £ 611
- USA - RSA; from $ 1390
- EUR - RSA; from € 495
- Subject to availability & T&C's