Babylonstoren Farm Hotel Highlights
- Babel Restaurant
- Babylonstoren Gardens
- Wine tasting on the property
- Paarl & Franschhoek attractions
- 45 Minutes from Cape Town
- Friendly staff
- Hotel type; Luxury Farm Hotel
- Location; Winelands/ Paarl
- Hotel size; 13 Rooms
- Recommended stay; 1-3 nights
With a glorious historical heritage dating back to 1692, no-one could have predicted Babylonstoren’s exuberant rebirth after its restoration - or the fact that the experiential traveller would respond so emotively to its holistic ethos, which has very little to do with wine tasting, and more to do with soothing the soul, healing the mind and feeding the senses.
It's this mindfulness and intelligent vision that has redefined and re-branded the Cape wine estate experience forever, by celebrating the simple pleasures of farm life but with designer cred that is layered through and through.
Rooms and Suites
Babylonstoren Farm Hotel with her thirteen restored cottages offer up an elegant mix of antiques and designer pieces all within a space that clean in design and large in space. All cottages echo the Cape Dutch look and feel of the area with whitewashed walls and gables combined with thatched roofs.
One and two bedroomed options are available.
Cuisine and Wine
A right royal treat awaits all when staying over at Babylonstoren when it comes to cuisine. Almost all of the veggies and fruit that are served in the Babel restaurant are grown in the Babylonstoren gardens and greenhouse.
The award-winning Babel restaurant is a must for either lunch or dinner - the food is simply stunning (just remember to check with us as Babel is only open 4 nights a week for dinner).
A walk in the gardens is a must with walkways spanning just under 3 kilometres, a guided tour by one of the gardeners is recommended as one might not recognise all the plant species and miss out on the history that surrounds.
Explore the farm on a bicycle (available in the stables) with the family or go for a stroll / run through the farm and explore the vineyards and fynbos. Canoeing on the dam is also an option.
Wine tasting (as well as Brandy and Grappa tasting) in the Paarl and Franschhoek valleys is a must, ask for details on surrounding wine estates and simply enjoy the afternoons sipping some of Africa's finest offerings whilst taking in the surrounding mountain vistas.
Families and children of all ages are most welcome at Babylonstoren.
Spa and Wellness
There is also a spa, gym and swimming pool available to all stay in guests.
Rates from R4 150.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands (ZAR)
- *Rates may vary according to season
- A Babylonstoren breakfast
- Full access to the garden at all times
- A private guided garden tour and farm walk
- Cycling and canoeing/rowing on the farm dam
- Fly fishing
- Afternoon drive (for a 2-night stay and longer)
- Harvest tour
- Bread baking with bakers
- Cellar tour and wine tasting
- Guest laundry – 6 items per day
- Personalised larder in the rooms
- 15% VAT (subject to change)
- Local and international flights
- Meals other than breakfast
- All drinks other than from the larder in the rooms
- Spa treatments
- 1% tourism levy per room per night
- All transfers
- Travel insurance