Schoone Oordt Highlights
- Sparkling salt water pool
- Lush gardens
- Conservatory Restaurant
- Arts, crafts, history, honey and food
- Horse and hiking trails
- Exploring the surrounding Overberg
Schoone Oordt Country House Information
- Hotel type; Luxury Hotel
- Location; Swellendam
- Hotel size; 10 rooms
- Recommended stay; 2-3 nights
Situated in the heart of the Overberg, in the picturesque farming town of Swellendam you will find Schoone Oordt Country House.
This well-known and much photographed Victorian landmark presides over 5000m2 of lush grounds, incorporating eight magnificently crafted, luxurious suites and a romantic honeymoon hideaway.
The grounds contain manicured lawns, secret woodland glades, vegetable/herb gardens, a sparkling swimming pool, tranquil fountains and a fragrant rose garden.
Rooms and Suites
Ten newly built luxury guest cottages and a honeymoon cottage have been meticulously constructed to compliment the character and style of the main house, and a larger family unit is still underway.
Each suite has been furnished to meet even the most discerning taste. Collectors' pieces and antiques add to the unadulterated luxury of every exceptional room.
Positioned around bubbling fountains and a fragrant rose garden are ten luxurious suites, each with their own separate entrance. After a long day's drive, have an afternoon nap on the custom-made 100%cotton percale and goose down bedding.
Step into the huge shower or take a soak in a hot bath and listen to the country bird song just outside the window.
Cuisine and Wine
The sun-kissed conservatory is the ideal place to have one of Schoone Oordt's lovingly prepared breakfasts or the perfect venue to host a formal evening function.
Schoone Oordt's ample grounds house all you require for a relaxing, exclusive and luxurious escape echoing the beautiful mansion's grand and slightly eccentric past. On a cold winter's night warm yourself with a hot drink by the fire.
On hot summer day's slip into the cool salt water swimming pool, or lounge in the shaded deck chairs and wait for the next round of drinks to be served.
Airport transfers and day trips can be arranged as well as suggestions for eating out, exploring the area, on-site pampering or ideas for just relaxing and whiling away the time.
Children and families are more than welcome.
Rates from R2 125.00 per person
- Schoone Oordt Country House Rates
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands (ZAR)
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Delicious gourmet breakfast
- Complimentary tea, coffee, homemade biscuits and bottled water
- Complimentary welcome drink and small cheese platter on arrival
- Complimentary car wash in the morning
- Uncapped wireless internet access over entire property
- Stunning accommodation
- Local and international flights
- All transfers
- All meals (other than breakfast)