- Large wine cellar
- Large suites
- Those bathrooms!!!
- Private pools and decks
Mateya Safari Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Madikwe Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 5 Luxury Suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Mateya Safari Lodge is for the more discerning traveller who is looking for exclusivity, privacy and the very highest standards of personal attention.
Nestled in the rocky outcrop of the Gabbro hills, Mateya Safari Lodge has uninterrupted views out over the "Malaria Free" Madikwe Game Reserve.
From the minute you walk through those ancient Zanzibar Elephant Doors one is in an art gallery like no other lodge in Africa. From sculptures to hanging works of art, every piece of work is spectacular, in fact, so overwhelming is the art that we forgot about the wildlife for quite some time.
A five-star lodge in the Madikwe that we at Uyaphi.com can highly recommend.
We have visited Mateya, click here to see our thoughts and photographs on the lodge; Mateya Safari Lodge Photo Gallery
Rooms and Suites
This Luxury Madikwe Lodge accommodates ten visitors in five independently fashioned air-conditioned luxurious suites, superbly combined with their all-natural settings. Every suite features en-suite bathrooms along with an outdoor shower together with a private swimming pool area.
The bathrooms are a luxurious affair with marble, a huge bathtub, two indoor and two outdoor showers. The private pools offer views out over the Madikwe, a wooden deck and a shaded sala area perfect for sitting back and reading a good book.
Visitors can savour the extravagance of complete solitude, appreciate the fantastic landscapes and noises of their very own private slice of Africa.
Cuisine and Wine
After taking your place at the spectacular Fire Core dining venue for an evening of fine cuisine, accompanied by wines selected from the 8000 bottle wine cellar.
Mateya provides a bush boardroom along with online amenities, a curio shop, fitness centre in addition to the health spa.
Visitors can unwind while in the lounge, raised outdoor patio areas and African awareness library while appreciating an excellent assortment of African art.
Coupled with knowledgeable rangers as well as trackers, visitors can easily venture about game drives in custom-built four-wheel drive vehicles or perhaps track on well-guided walking safari within the reserve.
Each individual experience will be organised around your particular passions, with a maximum of four guests per vehicle. This ensures the fulfilment of their ideal safari experience.
- Game Drives in custom built 4 x 4 safari vehicles accompanies by our Field Guides and Trackers
- Informative guided walking safaris & Birding Safaris
- All game viewing excursions are planned around guests' individual interests
- Only 4 guests per vehicle, ensuring full realization of their ideal safari experience
Spa and Wellness
Guests have access to a full range of rejuvenating body treatments from the in-house spa and full time dedicated health therapist. There is also a small but well-equipped gym close to the spa area.
Rates from R14 550.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- Teas & coffees
- Game drive and bush walks
- Local beverages
- Reserve gate entrance fee
- Levies and transfer from Madikwe Airstrip to Mateya
- Health therapy treatments
- Premium and Imported wines
- Premium labelled beverages
- Telephone calls
- Curio purchases and transfers
- Daily conservation levy