Rates from R1 600.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands (ZAR)
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Hotel
- Location; Stellenbosch
- Lodge size; 4 rooms
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
River Manor nestles quietly under Stellenbosch's ancient oaks beside a river, just two mins walk from the town's historic centre. South Africa's second oldest settlement, it is an ideal base for exploring the Western Cape and its renowned Winelands.
Just 30 mins from Cape Town, its calm ambience will lull you - as will River Manor's pampering spa.
For the more active, mountains, vineyards, golf & cheetahs await. Breathtaking golf and hiking are just ten mins drive away - as are Stellenbosch's 100 or so wine farms.
The challenge is choosing, but River Manor has experts on hand with tailored tours to suit.
All rooms at River Manor Boutique Hotel have been stylishly furnished with antiques in keeping with the theme "Colonial charm with a touch of Africa". Rooms are equipped with the necessary modern conveniences (TV with MNet, hairdryer, ceiling fan, wall safe, bar fridge, heating) and the luxuries of complimentary Port and Sherry trays along with soft towelling bathrobes.
Air conditioned rooms are available on request.
This Stellenbosch Boutique Hotel offers a full English & Health Breakfast & there is a wide variety of restaurants, grocery stores, coffee shops & bars close by.
There are many cafés & restaurants in the area: the 'Blue Orange' & 'Java Café' are a stroll away for coffee & light lunches, & there's a broad range of local restaurants to tempt you later.
- Secretarial services, including wireless ADSL, fax & telephone lines
- Full English & Health breakfast in our dining rooms or on the terrace
- Picnics & light lunches on request
- A fully-stocked bar
- Two comfortable lounges with fireplaces
- A secluded balcony & two verandahs
- Our resident Gingko Spa offering a full range of therapies & treatments (see Health & Wellness)
- Two patios & two swimming pools with mountain views
- Supermarkets, pharmacies, internet cafés, restaurants & coffee shops a few mins walk away in the centre of Stellenbosch (see Wine, Dine & - Dance for all the possibilities
- Full taxi/touring/airport transfer services available
- Afrikaans, English & basic French & German spoken
Families are most welcome.
The Intimate Spa at River Manor overlooks one of our two swimming pools in a tranquil garden setting where a range of relaxing therapies is on offer.
Operated by professional spa managers, Gingko, a comprehensive choice of stress-relieving health, body and beauty treatments is available, making use of Theravine products - an extra-sensory vine-derived range unique to the Cape.
There are two treatment rooms with steam and spa facilities, including spa bath, wet treatments and body wraps.
- Excellent boutique wine farms
- Franschhoek, Stellensbosch and Paarl wine routes
- Galleries, boutiques and art shops
- Visit some of the cheese makers of the valley
- Visit historical sites