Rates from R2 200.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands (ZAR)
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Hotel
- Location; Stellenbosch
- Lodge size; 22 rooms
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Majeka House is owner run and managed and is ideally located just outside Stellenbosch in a quiet residential suburb. This Stellenbosch 5 Star Hotel is set in a spectacular garden setting with mountains and vineyards as a backdrop.
Majeka is for those who enjoy the finer things in life, for example, excellent cuisine, design and surrounding vistas.
Whether you are looking for a spa and gourmet getaway, a romantic break for the kids or to simply charge your batteries, Majeka House is an absolute must.
All 22 rooms and suite on offer come fully air-conditioned each with their private patios or terraces, all the en-suite bathrooms are fragrant with local Moya toiletries made with indigenous plant extracts.
The rooms and suites consist of the following;
- 14 Premier Rooms; all newly renovated and fabulous
- 2 Luxury Mountain View suites; above the main hotel with terraces
- 3 Junior Garden suites; overlooking their semi-private pool
- 2 Pool Suites; that share a private pool
- 1 Family Villa; fully self-contained with a choice of 2 or 3 bedrooms, kitchen, lounge, dining room and is set apart from the main hotel with its large private pool, patio and garden.
The Makaron Restaurant (Eat Out 2012 top 10 Restaurants finalist) is led by Head Chef Tanya Kruger who specialises in cutting-edge, ethically sourced, farm-to-table cuisine. The team here at Uyaphi.com have nothing but praise for Tanya and her staff; one will have to look a long way to better the cuisine that is on offer here.
Dinner is á la carte affair while lunch is enjoyed around the pool or in the MLounge. Continental breakfasts are based around one of the best buffets to be found anywhere in the Stellenbosch area.
Numerous famous vineyards and award-winning restaurants, dotted along the Stellenbosch wine route, are within striking distance.
Facilities include a sauna, steam room and hydrotherapy heated indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi (with retracting roof), and an outdoor pool.
A team of gracious, well-trained and experienced therapists offer a broad range of treatments. It is the first spa in South Africa to offer the Himalayan Crystal Salt bed – combining colour therapy and deep relaxation.
Treatments can also be enjoyed in an outdoor gazebo.
- Nearby boutique wine farms
- Stellenbosch wine routes
- Visit historical sites
- Majeka Spa
- Indoor & outdoor swimming pools