Grande Roche Highlights
- Excellent boutique wine farms
- Franschhoek, Stellensbosch and Paarl wine routes
- Galleries, boutiques and art shops
- Visit some of the cheese makers of the valley
- Visit historical sites
Grande Roche Information
- Lodge type; Luxury Hotel
- Location; Paarl
- Lodge size; 34 rooms
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Today Grande Roche is a celebrated international hotel, famous for its exquisite location in the heart of the beautiful Cape Winelands as well as for its luxurious, cosmopolitan accommodation, award-winning cuisine and matchless service and hospitality.
Without question; one of our preferred hotel options when staying in the Cape Winelands. Simply stunning.
Rooms and Suites
The immaculately restored Cape Dutch homestead at Grande Roche dates back to the 18th century and offers guests a variety of luxurious accommodations which include 29 luxury suites and five executive rooms.
Each of Paarl Luxury Hotel accommodations has been lavishly designed and decorated for the comfort and pampering of guests.
The staff ensure that everyone who visits Grande Roche leaves with special memories of this unique estate escape - the treasure of the Cape Winelands.
All rooms offer;
- Flowers, fruits and mineral water on arrival
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Under-floor heating
- Digital telephones
- Satellite television (suites have TV's & DVD's in the lounges and TV's in the bedrooms)
- An electronic safe for valuables
- A mini bar fridge
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers and umbrellas
- Molton Brown amenities in the bathrooms
- Internet access via the telephone line
Cuisine and Wine
The recently renovated manor house at Grande Roche Hotel is the heart of the hotel and home to the award-winning Bosman's Restaurant. A fusion of imaginative and innovative epicurean delights will tantalise the most discerning of palates.
Bosman's is a 70-seater restaurant with a terrace and patio seating 60 in fine weather. It is open seven days a week. For groups of eight or more, the Banqueting department will help to choose a menu to suit the guest and the occasion. Dress code for the restaurant is smart - no "Jacket & Tie" requirement.
There is wheelchair access throughout as well as designated parking bays.
- Fine dining restaurant
- Gym and fitness centre
- Swimming pools
- Stunning gardens
- Tennis courts
- Wedding Chapel
- Conference/ wedding facilities
- Surrounding wine estates
- Restaurants in and around Paarl
- Hikes and mountain biking
- Day trips
- Numerous self-drive options
- Shopping in Paarl, Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
Families with children of all ages are more than welcome.
Spa and Wellness
The Grande Roche Health Centre is the perfect place for indulgent pampering! The peaceful setting and beautiful surroundings ensuring that you can relax, de-stress and experience a transcendent feeling of well-being. The Health Care Centre offers guests gym and massage facilities as well as an outdoor heated swimming pool, sauna and steam room.
The Massage Suite; the professional in-house masseur is available from Monday to Friday between 08h00 and 17h00. Massages and body treatments on Saturdays and Sundays, or on Public holidays are available by prior arrangement.
Rates from R2 250.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands (ZAR)
- *Rates may vary according to season
- 15% VAT
- All other meals
- All drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- All transfers