Grootbos Villa Highlights
- Stunning views
- Surrounding luxury
- Your own swimming pool
- Cinema room
- Wine cellar
- Fully equipped gym
Grootbos Villa Information
- Lodge type; Private Villa
- Location; Gansbaai
- Lodge size; 4 or 6 Room Options
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Secluded and completely private, the two Grootbos Villas is that home-from-home experience that every discerning traveller yearns for. With your private chef, butler and nature guide your holiday is set at your pace all surrounded by unsurpassed quality.
These two villas are the most exclusive offerings within the Grootbos portfolio and up there with the best in South Africa.
Please note that the photos are of the 6 bedroomed villa.
Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is nestled between mountains and the Atlantic Ocean view views like no other on this coastline. It is here that one experiences a melting pot of biodiversity, natural wonder and culture all the while staying in 5-star luxury accommodation.
Interesting features of the reserve;
- 2500 hectares in size
- 794 plant species found on the reserve
- Of which 100 are endangered
- 3 Milkwood forests, each over 100 years in age
- Six mammal species can be found
- Home of the "Marine Big 5" - whales, sharks, dolphins, seals and penguins
Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a relatively short 2½ drive from Cape Town or 30 minutes from Hermanus.
Rooms and Suites
The six-room villa accommodates up to 12 guests;
- 2 Master-Suites with en-suite bathrooms
- 4 Luxury Bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
The smaller four-room villa accommodates up to 8 guests;
- 1 Master Suite with en-suite bathrooms
- 3 Luxury Suites with en-suite bathrooms
Cuisine and Wine
Private chef and butler for the duration of your stay (available for breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Menus are based on your every desire all with a South Africa twist while meal times are set by you.
The six-room villa;
- 2 Lounges with satellite TV
- 1 Fully equipped kitchen with storeroom and scullery
- Dining Room
- Breakfast area
- 2 Outside BBQ areas, 1 inside BBQ area
- Outside pool
- Media Room with a big screen, projector and movies
- Fully equipped office with internet access and telephone
- Fully equipped gym
- Wine Cellar
- Large outside decks
- Own landing strip suitable for helicopters and small planes
The four-room villa;
- Private deck with panoramic sea views
- Lounge with cosy fireplace
- Satellite TV (selected channels) and DVD player
- Full kitchen & Private Chef
- Secure safe
- Gowns and slippers
- Air conditioner
- Pool bag with pool towels
- Hair dryer
- Underfloor heating
- Full bar
Nature-based activities is what Grootbos is all about, either on the reserve itself or nearby. There are enough options to keep travellers enthralled and engaged for weeks
From Whale Watching and Shark Cage Diving nearby to 4x4 Flower Safaris and Horse Riding on the reserve. There is something for everyone no matter the age or their interests.
- Whale Watching
- Shark Cage Diving
- Marine Big 5
- Walks and Hikes
- 4x4 Flower Safari
- Cave Tour
- Horse Riding
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Flights
- Quad Biking
Families are most welcome.
Spa and Wellness
After spending your time on this earthbound paradise, float away to a heavenly realm with a blissful and rejuvenating spa treatment. From Shiatsu to full facials, there is a treatment to pamper every inch of your body, taking you to new levels of relaxation you never thought possible.
After an action-packed day of eco activities, a therapeutic full body massage is a must, leaving you in a state of absolute calm. For weary feet, a reflexology treatment will most certainly do the trick. Treatments take place in the comfort of your suite, in the on-site spa facilities, or even in the forest surrounded by ancient Milkwood trees.
Treatments are available in the privacy of your room, or at Garden Lodge or deep in a 100-year-old Milkwood forest.
Rates are on request only.
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands (ZAR)
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Accommodation in luxury suites
- Welcome drinks
- Water, soft drinks, tea and coffee, minibar
- Fresh fruit daily in suite
- Light lunch
- 5-course dinner
- Breakfast buffet with a full English breakfast menu
- Horse riding for non and experienced riders
- Guided walks
- Nature, marine & coastal drives
- Local and international flights
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa Treatments
- Activities; boat trips, scenic flights, quad biking, beach horse riding
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance