Bushmans Kloof Lodge Highlights
- Ride in a game viewing vehicle
- Discover over 130 rock art sites
- Nature hikes, mountain biking and canoeing
- The Spa
Bushmans Kloof Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Cederberg
- Lodge size; 32 guest
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
This Relais & Chateaux Cederberg Safari Lodge is an oasis of luxury in a breathtaking landscape of savage, untamed beauty, 270 kilometres from Cape Town. The all-inclusive stay offers exceptional value and the ultimate wilderness and wellness experience.
Malaria and predator-free sanctuary to endangered species of wildlife and flora, with over 130 Bushman rock art sites and one of South Africa's Natural Heritage Sites.
At the foothills of the Cederberg Mountains, Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat is an ecological oasis within a roughly hewn and magical land. This spiritual retreat is a haven of staggering beauty and timeless tranquillity, where abundant wildlife roams free.
Offering a distinctive wilderness experience among wide open plains, ancient sandstone formations and crystal clear waterfalls, it is a place to feel the pulse of an extraordinary and ancient landscape, and reconnect with nature and the essence of life.
Located only 270 km from Cape Town.
Rooms and Suites
Accommodating a maximum of 32 guests, all suites and guest rooms are elegantly appointed and furnished to create a feeling of restfulness and peace.
A subtle fusion of African and European design enhances your personal space at Bushmans Kloof, while small surprises and thoughtful details offer you a special welcome.
Guest rooms are either in cottages set among landscaped gardens and pools or form part of the original Manor House (circa 1843), where the suites were named after early Scottish pioneers and explorers.
Cuisine and Wine
In keeping with the high standards and tradition of Relais & Chateaux, the gourmet dining at Bushmans Kloof is crafted from the finest and freshest local ingredients, making it an art in taste, aromas and textures.
Every meal at Bushmans Kloof Lodge is a special occasion and a feast for the senses, with the executive chef's contemporary cuisine offering a fusion of healthy country food and sensational gourmet fare. Special dietary requirements are catered for on request.
- Luxury Cederberg Safari Lodge for a maximum of 32 guests in 16 rooms Private 7500-hectare Wildlife and Fynbos Reserve
- Botanical gardens, waterfowl pond and rolling lawns
- Organic herb, vegetable and flower garden
- Private airstrip (20 minutes transfer from airstrip to lodge)
- The Homestead with gourmet restaurant and dining terrace, book & DVD Library, lounge, TV lounge, bar and wine cellar
- Manor House reception, bar and wooden deck under ancient Ficus Trees
- Trading Post gift shop
- Heritage Centre & Rudner Collection (Bushman artefacts)
- Conference venue, fully equipped for up to 32 delegates
- The Spa
- Outdoor dual massage area
- Fitness Centre
- 4 Outdoor swimming pools, including one heated pool
Whether you would like to explore your adventurous nature, unwind your body or soothe your soul, we offer an activity to match your requirement.
To experience the best of this magical wilderness reserve, you are invited to combine a variety of activities with relaxation. An extensive selection of quality activities and services awaits you.
Families with children over the age of 8 years are most welcome.
Spa and Wellness
The surroundings are therapy in themselves, but The Spa is the focus of the abundant natural healing energy one experiences at Bushmans Kloof. It’s a peaceful sanctuary where one can surrender to the ancient mystical powers of the African landscape, rejuvenate all your senses, replenish your spirit and achieve deep inner peace and harmony.
Spa Facilities on offer include;
- Treatment Rooms
- Crystal Steam Room
- Riverside Gazebo
- Tranquility Lounge
- Health Bar
- Heated Outdoor Pool
- Fitness Centre
Rates from R4 250.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands (ZAR)
- *Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- Room service
- Complimentary WIFI
- Welcome drink
- All drinks
- Spa treatments
- Laundry and valet
- Specialised dining options
- Lunch on arrival and departure
- Trading Post purchases
- Air and road transfers
- Any babysitting that might be required