- Lodge type; Luxury Lodge
- Location; Victoria Falls, Zambia
- Lodge size; 12 tree houses
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
- 12 kilometers from Victoria Falls
- Game drives in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
- Sunset cruise
- Bird watching
- A local village tour
- Only lodge to offer guided walking safaris
- Africology spa treatment rooms
Sussi & Chuma, located in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, is named after David Livingstone's faithful friends and consists of an exclusive, Victoria Falls Luxury Lodge and two spacious two bedroom houses.
Sussi & Chuma Lodge take full advantage of their enchanting riverbank setting. Resident wildlife, such as hippopotamus and elephant, is likely to wander through Sussi 's grounds at any time since in the National Park they have priority.
The "dry" season is from May to November and is the easiest time to travel. June to August are the coolest months, with cold mornings & evenings. October is the hottest month in Zambia, so be prepared for temperatures of over 40 degrees celsius if you travel.
The "wet" season is normally December to March and has variable weather. In one day, you can have bright sunshine and heavy downpours. The rain does not usually last long and the main downside of driving in Zambia in the wet season is that many dirt roads become impassable.
Sussi; Guest accommodation at this Victoria Falls Luxury Lodge consists of 12 luxury tree houses, built into the living canopy of giant ebony trees lining the bank. Each unit has a private view of the Zambezi from its own deck among the branches.
The main lodge building features a spectacular raised bar/lounge deck, open air dining area, and swimming pool sweeping down to the water's edge.
Chuma Houses; The exclusive houses offer 2 en-suite bedrooms, one double room with a bath and outdoor shower and one twin room with a bath and in-door shower, a spacious lounge and dining room area, kitchenette, outdoor verandah, barbeque area and private plunge pool. Guests have their own private chef to cook all meals and a private Guide, vehicle, and boat for all activities.
Facilities include air conditioning, en-suite toilet, basin, shower & bath, private viewing deck, minibar, mosquito nets, overhead fans, tea/coffee facilities, hair dryer, indoor shower & bath, outdoor shower & bath.
Meal times at Sussi & Chuma Lodge are at the usually accepted times but can be dependent on game drives and will vary seasonally.
All meals are table d'hôte with a wide selection of dishes.
Meals will be served outdoors whenever possible and often around a campfire in the evening.
- Guided tour of Victoria Falls and rain forest
- Visit local village
- Game Drives in Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
- Motorised boat safaris
- Cultural tour of Livingstone
Rates from US$ 745.00 pp
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- All drinks
- Park fees
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Two daily shared game viewing activities
- Return shared transfer to and from Livingstone Airport to the lodge
- Premium alcoholic drinks and champagne
- Additional activities
- Heritage Fee when doing a Tour of the Falls
- Gratuities to driver/guides and staff
- All items of a personal nature, telephone calls and curio shop purchases
- Private vehicle and guide
- All flights
- Additional transfers
- Travel insurance