- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Tarangire National Park
- Lodge size; 20 rooms
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
- Game drives
- Game Walks
- Visit the villages close to the camp
Maramboi Tented Camp offers permanent camp facilities and endless vistas of rolling golden grasslands and palm lined desert between Tarangire and Manyara Lake. A visit to the area is essential for anyone interested in evolution and the origins of Mankind and an explanation of the Rift Valley and Africa's big picture. It is a complete semi desert experience focusing on safari walks and game drives.
In the wet season, the Manyara and Tarangire Pans fill with water which attracts huge flocks of Flamingos and other wading birds. The area is also the only place in Easter Africa where one is often able to see the migration herds of tens of thousands of Wildebeest and Zebra, followed by predators.
Maramboi offers 38 spacious tented rooms, individually built on a raised deck with en-suite bathroom. The bathrooms have a built-in shower and each tent has its own terrace from where guests can enjoy views of Lake Manyara and the Rift Valley.
There are 6 family rooms, perfect for guests with children.
The main lodge area hosts the restaurant and offers up spectacular views across the rolling grasslands and palm lined desert between Tarangire and Manyara Lake in the far distance.
Every evening a fire is lit where guests can relax and enjoy the sunset whilst enjoying a drink (all the drinks, including local beers and wines are included) and if the weather is good guests can have dinner outside under the stars.
- Swimming Pool.
- Living room with small library and board games.
- Cell phone reception and WiFi.
- The amazing camp fire area for those lazy African nights under the stars.
Activities include, game drives, guided walking safaris, bird watching on the shores of the not too distant Lake Manyara and cultural interaction with Datoga and Maasai, whose bomas populate the adjacent land.
- Every morning and afternoon game drives can be arranged to visit Tarangire National Park.
- Visit the villages close to the camp which belong to the Mbugwe tribe, an opportunity to know their way of live.
- Enjoy an appetizer and cocktail on top of a kopje, the perfect place to see the impressive views of lake Burunge and Tarangire Park.
- A safari in Lake Manyara National Park. Most of the area of the park is a thin stretch of land which runs between the Rift and lake Manyara.
- Just to mention only but a few options available.
Rates on Request
Rates form part of Tanzania Safari itinerary
Per person per night sharing
Rates are in US Dollar
*Rates may vary according to season