- Departure; Scheduled departure dates
- Duration; 9 Days / 8 Nights
- Lodging; Aboard Rovos Rail
- Group Size; Minimum 1
- Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
Day 1: Pretoria
- 15h00 Depart Rovos Rail Station in Pretoria and travel south towards the goldfields of the Witwatersrand.
- (Breakfast 07h00-10h00 - Lunch 13h00 - Tea 16h30 - Dinner 19h30)
Day 2: Upington
- 09h45 Arrive Kimberley for Big Hole and Diamond Museum.
- 12h30 Depart for Upington and travel the Karoo semi-desert.
Day 3: Enter Namibia
- 08h00 Optional two-hour walking tour of Upington.
- 23h00 Arrive at Holoog after border formalities at Nakop.
Day 5: Fish River Canyon
- 08h00 One-hour transfer to visit the Fish River Canyon.
- 11h00 Depart for Keetmanshoop.
- Traverse the Kalahari.
- 15h00 Optional two-hour walking tour of Keetmanshoop.
Day 5: Sossusvlei
- 09h00 Arrive in Windhoek for a city tour.
- 11h00 Depart in light aircraft for 1-hour flight to Sossusvlei for lunch, desert drive, bush dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Tsumeb
- 06h00 Sossusvlei drive with breakfast in the vlei.
- 12h00 Depart Sossusvlei for a one-hour flight to Windhoek.
- 14h00 Depart Windhoek and travel north towards Tsumeb and the game-rich Etosha National Park.
Day 7: Etosha National Park
- 11h00 At Tsumeb, transfer to Mokuti Lodge and Etosha National Park for lunch, game drive and overnight.
Day 8: Halfway between here and there
- 06h00 Early morning game drive in the Etosha National Park.
- 13h00 Enjoy lunch on board en route to the Atlantic.
Day 9: Safari ends in Swakopmund
- 07h00 Enjoy breakfast as the train traverses the Namib.
- 12h00 Arrive at journey’s end in Swakopmund, Namibia.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ITINERARY ALSO RUN IN REVERSE
Rates from R63 200.00 pp sharing
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- All meals
- All local alcoholic and other beverages
- 24-hour full room service
- Bar facilities
- Limited laundry service
- Excursions accompanied by a qualified tour guide (where applicable)
- Entrance fees to places of interest, per itinerary
- Government tax
- Items of a personal nature
- Flights (domestic and international)
- Staff gratuities
- French Champagne
- Memorabilia purchases
- Off train costs and purchases
- Fully comprehensive travel insurance