- All those swimming pools
- Service levels
- Game drives
- Size of suites
- The wine list and those cold beers
- Lodge type; Luxury Safari Lodge
- Location; Madikwe Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 5 suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
The word "Molori" in the local language of seTswana simply translates into "to dream".
There are very few lodges in Southern Africa that can come close to the levels of privacy and absolute luxury that Molori offers. With just five large suites, gourmet cuisine, infinity pools and the surrounding wildlife, Molori is a must stay destination.
"Molori a refuge without pretence", this as a phrase probably sums up the lodge experience best.
To put it simply, Molori is up there with the top 5 most luxurious lodges in Southern Africa. If exclusivity, privacy, luxury all without pretence are your wants, then this is the lodge for you.
We have visited Molori, click here to see our thoughts and photographs on the lodge Photo Gallery
Rooms and Suites
Five meticulous open-air suites each with wooden decks, private infinity swimming pools (not plunge pools), fireplaces, air-conditioning, floor-to-ceiling glass walls and more space to swing a cat.
Three of the five suites offer between 232 and 315 square metres of space.
The two presidential suites themselves have to be seen to be believed regarding living space. Presidential suites offer up similar facilities as above suite with the addition of dining room, a service kitchen, lounges, additional guest bathrooms, walk-in closet, rim-flow bath, an outdoor shower and Jacuzzi.
All suites additionally include; telescopes, "Bose" iPod Docking Systems, espresso machines, wi-fi, portable DVD players and mini-bars.
Suites and sizes (including indoor/outdoor space);
- Ngwedi Suite; 232 square metres
- Lesedi Suite; 232 square metres
- Sephiri Suite; 315 square metres
- Metsi Presidential Suite; 593 square metres
- Molelo Presidential Suite; 619 square metres
Cuisine and Wine
Cuisine at Molori is inspired by both Eastern and Western influences and prepared by in-house gourmet chefs.
The very freshest local ingredients from the lodges organic garden are used, while other ingredients are flown in from Johannesburg
Only the best South African wines and top-shelf liquors accompany all meals and are available day round from the bar or service staff.
Facilities at Molori Safri lodge include;
- Swimming pools
- Four dining rooms
- Bar, lounge and library areas
- Viewing Deck (view of waterhole)
- Stargazing Deck
When staying at Molori, two game drives and a bushwalking adventure are included. These safari activities are led highly qualified and award-winning guides.
Night drives are also available and are a must for spotting members of the cat family including those elusive leopards.
Other optional activities available are as follows;
- Star Gazing
- Rhino tagging
- Wild Dog expedition
- Culinary classes
- Junior Ranger program for children
Molori Safari lodge welcome families and children of all ages. Sephiri and Molelo Suites are well suited for families with children.
Spa and Wellness
Guests are invited to experience ultimate relaxation with numerous treatments and massages on offer at the Molori Safari Spa.
- Spa and Wellness rooms with view decks
- Fitness centre with Nordic sauna and steam room
- Jacuzzi Deck (with rim-flow spa bath)
Rates from R16 000.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Luxury accommodation
- All meals
- Selected wines, spirits, seasonal juices, tea, coffee and soft-drinks
- Two game drives daily
- Bush walking
- Transfers to and from the Madikwe airstrip
- In-room minibar with snacks and beverages
- Nespresso machine
- Wireless internet
- Hand-finished laundry
- Use of fitness centre, sauna, steam room and spa chiller pool
- Game reserve entrance fees
- Madikwe Game reserve conservation
- Lights to and from Molori Safari
- Telephone calls
- Molori Premium wine collection
- Molori Spa treatments
- Cigars and cigarettes
- Curio shop items