- Wildlife from the lodge
- The suites are stunning
- Cuisine and cold beers
- Game drives
- Swimming pool
- Family friendly
- That bath in the main photo :)
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Madikwe Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 10 suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Madikwe Hills Private Game Lodge is ideally positioned right on top of a rocky outcrop in the centre of the Madikwe Reserve; this gives one a massive advantage when it comes to wildlife sightings and game drives. A spectacular position to say the least.
Madikwe Hills is one of the more luxurious lodge options within the reserve. It is from your base here that one gets the chance to spot amongst others; lion, leopard, elephant, rhino (black and white), Cape buffalo, hyena (spotted and brown) as well as African wild dog.
An unforgettable safari experience awaits all within the lap of luxury.
With just ten suites on offer one is assured of a level of privacy like very few other lodges. Glass fronted suites offer views out over the reserve with private viewing decks and plunge pools.
Under-floor heating, air-conditioning, extra length king-size beds and stunning en-suite bathroom facilities are standard.
The cuisine is a lavish affair whether it be breakfast, lunch, dinner or high tea. The chef and his team will simply spoil one rotten for the duration of your stay.
Dine out under a canopy of stars in the stunning boma area.
- Lounge and small library
- Dining Room
- Wine Cellar featuring South Africa wines
- Terraced viewing deck with umbrellas overlooking waterhole
- Swimming Pool
- Cosy TV room with satellite TV
- Complimentary, unlimited Wi-Fi
Game drives take place in the early morning, late afternoon/ early evening.
The game drive vehicles themselves are some of the most comfortable you will find on the African continent. The safari vehicle feature bucket styled seats, fold up armrests and a bucket load of space for camera equipment.
Drinks and refreshments on afternoon game drives while on the morning drives, coffee and teas.
Families with children of all ages are most welcome at Madikwe Hills Game Lodge.
Activities included in the junior rangers programme;
- Madikwe Hills Lucky Packet on arrival at the Lodge
- Face Painting
- Bug Finding
- Create My Tree Artwork
- Treasure Hunt
- Movie Night
- Animal Dung Investigation
- Face Mask Painting
- Clay Modelling Class
- Cup Cake Baking
Spa facilities are also on offer for that little bit of pampering in the bushveld (either in your room or at the spa area itself).
Treatments on offer include;
- Massages: Aromatherapy
- Serenity, Deep Tissue
- Traveller’s Tension
- African Head Massage
- Relaxing Foot Massage
- Hot Stone
- Exfoliating Body Wraps
- Africology Facial Treatments
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Eyelash and Eyebrow Tinting
A fully equipped and air-conditioned gym is available near the spa area.
Rates from R10 800.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Luxury accommodation
- Two game drives per
- Tea / Coffee
- A wide selection of local beverages, house wines and spirits
- High tea canapes & snacks
- Selection of Fruit Juices
- Laundry service
- Road transfers from the Madikwe Airstrip to the lodge.
- Curio shop purchases
- Cellar wines and premium spirits
- Telephone calls
- Spa treatments
- Park entry fee
- Lodge transfers
- Airport Tax
- Conservation Fee