Lodge And Activity Highlights
- Private plunge pools
- Those private outdoor showers
- Views from one's bed
- Wildlife at the watering hole
- The cuisine and wine selections
- The friendly staff
- The game drives
- Jamala is one of our favourite lodges
General Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Luxury Safari Lodge
- Location; Madikwe Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 5 Thatched Villas
- Recommended stay; 3-5 nights
Jamala Owner Run And Managed Safari Lodge In the Madikwe Game Reserve
Owner-run and managed, Jamala Madikwe provides a personal bush encounter, in which personalized service along with attention to fine detail is definitely the cornerstones of each and every waking moment.
Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge effectively brings together colonial and African styles and eccentricity within an enchanting marriage of opposites.
Jamala is located within the breathtaking 75 000 hectares of "Malaria Free" and "Big 5" (including African wild dog and cheetah sightings) Madikwe Game Reserve; the safari lodge is the perfect destination for that quintessential safari experience.
The pure unadulterated wilds of this area are as awe-inspiring as is this exceptional lodge - designed from a perfect palette of rich woods, raw stone and soft muted tones.
We have visited Jamala; click here to see our thoughts and photographs on the lodge; Photo Gallery
Rooms And Suites
Five luxury villas at Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge are spaced far enough apart to ensure maximum privacy for guests, with each villa exuding colonial charm in decor and furnishing.
All villas offer air-conditioning, a lounge area, a fireplace, a walk-in dressing room, an outside deck and a small rim-flow plunge pool.
The en-suite bathrooms offer up a large bathtub (for two adults) as well as an indoor and outdoor shower. The outdoor shower is stunning and offers excellent views of the waterhole.
Cuisine And Wine
Chef Nico Verster at Jamala Madikwe creates exquisite dishes for visitors who would like to dine within luxurious surrounds around the long solid wood dining table in the indoor dining room, underneath the stars next to an open fire or perhaps in the seclusion of your private villa.
Chef Nico has released a cookbook called "Safaris and Spices", we highly recommend getting a copy. The book is amazing.
On arrival at Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge, one is met by a welcome drink and a central thatched guest area, this is where your safari starts. Walking through the lounge and dining area that is furnished with a distinctive and elegant flair one gets your first glimpse of that famed Jamala waterhole.
The term "sofa safari" refers to a lodge that one does not have to leave in order to see wildlife and this is Jamala Safari Lodge to a tee. Sit back in comfortable lounge suites with beer (or wine) in hand and the wildlife comes to you.
- Lounge and library with fireplace
- Gourmet dining experiences: Boma and Star deck
- Complimentary Wi Fi access
- "Sofa Safari" overlooking our private waterhole
- Curio Shop
- Watchtower overlooking the Savannah plains and waterhole
- Large Rim flow pool
- Laundry service should you require
The Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge offers visitors the chance to enjoy game drives twice a day. In the morning, guests can explore the bush and search for animals, while in the evening they can view the scenery in a different light.
Additionally, guests can also take in the stunning views from the lodge's deck and watchtower.
For birders and birdlife photographers, the amount of bird species (especially in summer) is rather good if we have to say so ourselves.
Spa And Wellness
New(ish) to Jamala Royal Safari Lodge is the in-house spa and is open daily between 8 am and 5 pm.
- Full body detox
- Full body massage including aromatherapy, Swedish, deep tissue and hot stone massage
- treatments; Manicure / Pedicure / Facials / Waxing
- A masculine experience for him
- Hot stone massage and mineral clay
- Detox sea salt scrub and deep tissue massage
For those who need a little exercise, the gym offers a treadmill, elliptical, exercise bike, free weights, and TRX training.
Rates from R14 335.00 per person
- Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge rates
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Complimentary welcome drinks
- All meals
- Selected local house wines, spirits, tea’s and coffees
- Early morning and evening game drives
- All transfers to and from the landing strip
- All premium rated wines, spirits and imported champagnes
- Madikwe Game Reserve entry fees
- Madikwe Daily Conservation fees
- Transfers to and from Madikwe Game Reserve
- Telephonic and electronic communications
- All curio shop purchases
- All spa treatments