Jaci's Tree Highlights
- Terrapin hide
- Game drives
- No young children
- Terrapin hide
- Meals and wine list
- Elevated walkways
- Birdlife around lodge
- Outdoor showers
Jaci's Tree Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Madikwe Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 8 Forest Suites
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Suspended high above the ground on wooden stilts, Jaci’s Tree Lodge blends into the overarching canopy of the surrounding bush and foliage and makes for fantastic birdwatching in a natural environment.
Jaci's Tree Lodge is about as authentic, friendly and welcoming as one could wish favourite. From the moment one arrives, to the moment one departs there is nothing but happy smiling faces everywhere.
Situated in the North of The Madikwe on the Marico River, Tree Lodge is a must for keen birders, and all those seeking the romance of a forest lodge.
Wildlife in the surrounding bushveld is some of the finest that Madikwe has to offer. African Wild Dog is regular sightings as are elephant, lion, hyena and a multitude more (too numerous to mention).
Tree Lodge is one of the lodges in South Africa that we at Uyaphi can most certainly recommend, a firm favourite of ours (and for a good reason).
We have visited Tree Lodge, click here to see our thoughts and photographs on the lodge; Jaci's Tree Lodge Photo Gallery
Rooms and Suites
Eight forest suites are perch high above the ground connected by wooden walkways and enjoy views out onto the Marico River. All suites have large verandahs, great for spotting all the forest birdlife and wildlife.
Each room includes a king-sized or 2 three quarter beds, a luxurious stone bath and a private outdoor shower from which you can enjoy the views, the shower is big enough for two (as is the bath).
All rooms are equipped with air conditioning & overhead fans to ensure your comfort throughout the year.
Cuisine and Wine
The spacious dining area in the main lodge is where one enjoys breakfasts and that famed high tea.
Diners at Jaci's Madikwe are generally either in the central lodge area or around a fire under the African stars (weather dependent).
On the other side of the large central fireplace, one comes across a small yet fully stocked bar area. Try the South African gins, drink a cold beer or choose a fine wine from the rather lengthy wine list - the choice is yours.
Private dinners can be arranged for you on the verandah outside your room for the romantics out there, or the lazy ;).
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas
- Viewing deck
- Open-plan kitchen
- Cosy fireplace
- Lounge and guest-welcome area
- Outdoor boma area
- Fully stocked bar
- Bush swimming pool
- Bush gym and river walk
- Curio shop
- Easy to the Terrapin hide
Game drives are part and parcel of every Jaci's safari, highly trained guides and spotters offer guests the best opportunities to spot and photograph the wildlife and birdlife of this "Big 7" Game Reserve.
There is a hide nearby the main lodge overlooking a large waterhole, this is the ideal spot to kick back and relax whilst allowing the wildlife to come to you.
New to Jaci's Lodges is the "Terrapin Hide", a hide in the middle of a waterhole. It is here that come can spend a few minutes or the entire day photographing wildlife and birdlife as they come down to the water to drink.
Sleep-outs in the Star Bed area above the hide is a must if you are spending a few nights here, this is highly recommended (and safe).
Unfortunately, children are simply not accommodated at Jaci's Tree Lodge. Please look at Jaci's Safari Lodge should you have kids in tow.
Remember that the Madikwe is Malaria Free.
Rates from R7 895.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Twice daily game drives
- Night drive with astronomy
- Afternoon Tea, Dinner & Brunch
- All house drinks, which include a special selection of fine South African wines, local beers, non-alcoholic beverages and house spirits
- Fireside, starlight dining as often as possible
- 24-hour access to our submerged “Terrapin” photographic hide
- Transfers to & from the Eastern Airstrip
- 14% VAT
- Daily Photographic safari activity
- Madikwe Game Reserve entrance fees & Madikwe Guest Conservation Contribution
- Transfers to and from the lodge escorts after dark from the reserve gates
- Spa treatments
- All other incidental costs
- Premium spirits, speciality wines & champagne