Ebony Lodge Highlights
- Large swimming pool
- Birdlife and wildlife sightings
- Guided safari walks
- Outdoor showers
- Those baths
- large luxurious suites
Singita Ebony Lodge Information
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Singita Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 12 suites
- Recommended stay; 3-7 nights
Singita Ebony Lodge is the standard with which all other Singita lodges are judged.
As of July 2015, Singita Ebony Lodge has had a complete re-design taking this pioneering lodge to a whole new level of luxury.
Large natural open spaces now immerse guests as they take in the surrounding wildlife and vistas. The decor of the central guest areas is inspired by local tribal culture, the wildlife of the Sabi Sand all mixed with the palette of black and white from the ebony trees from which the lodge gets her name.
Sheer decadence and fantastic wildlife, this is Singita Ebony Lodge.
Singita Sabi Sand spans more than 45 000 acres of private bushveld renowned for high concentrations of birdlife and wildlife, including frequent leopard sightings. The perennial Sand River bisects the Singita concession within Sabi Sand Reserve.
The Reserve offers visitors one of the most prolific wildlife experiences anywhere in Africa. The Reserve lies adjacent to and is open to the Kruger National Park, wildlife moves freely between the two areas.
Wildlife sightings from any of the Singita Sabi Sand lodges are nothing short of amazing.
Rooms and Suites
Singita Ebony offers up 12 luxurious suites suspended above the river banks, each with outdoor pavilion decks and private plunge pools.
Canvas and glass walls with thatched roofing create a safari concept that is there to maximise the surrounding space and views out over and into the bushveld.
The suites themselves are vast in nature with interiors that feature curated still-life collections of antiques and artefacts, as well as vintage campaign furniture.
En-suite bathrooms offer freestanding baths, indoor and outdoor showers and all the space one could need.
Cuisine and Wine
The cuisine at Singita Ebony Lodge is of a World Class nature, whether it be breakfast, brunch lunch, high tea or dinner.
Many of the latest global food trends trickle down to the kitchen where chefs prepare cuisine with classic French inspiration combined with local ingredients and ideas to create that meals that are simply out of this world.
Simply put, there are no better lodges in South Africa than that of Singita Sabi Sand when it comes to the cuisine.
- The main lodge has lounge and timber deck dining areas overlooking the Sand River
- A bar area and traditional open boma, gymnasium, health spa, library and wine cellar
- There is a swimming pool in the main lodge area
- Spa and gym facilities are available
- Singita Boutique shop & Gallery
- A television in the library is available for guests
- Complimentary WiFi access (due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent)
Guests at Singita Ebony have access to a wide range of activities, including;
- Twice daily game drives
- Guided safari walks
- Mountain biking
- Camera and lens rentals
- Community visits and tours
Families of all shapes, sizes and ages are welcome at Singita Ebony Lodge with a host of activities (see below), accommodation options as well as babysitting.
Activities for children include;
- Baking with chefs (pizza/cookie making)
- Arts and crafts
- Board games
- Astronomy and stargazing
- Bush walks around camp
- Mountain biking for older children
- Mini Rangers’ Course
Spa and Wellness
Spa treatments and massages are on offer ranging from 30-minute options all the way through to half day and full day packages.
Numerous locations are on offer for treatments and massages including the tranquillity of the spa area, an outdoor deck or the privacy of one's suite.
Dermalogica and Terres d’Afrique products are used for all treatments and massages; like they say "only the best at Singita".
Rates from R33 370.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Twice daily open Land Rover safaris, walking safaris, mountain biking safaris (accompanied by experienced guides and trackers), archery
- Return road transfers between the Singita airstrip and the lodges
- Laundry service
- Tourism Levy and Conservation Contribution
- Telephone calls
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Spa treatments
- Transport to and from the reserve