Rates from R12 950.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Londolozi Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 10 Chalets
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Londolozi Varty Camp on the banks of the Sand River in the north of the Londolozi Private Game Reserve is the heart and soul of the reserve and has been for the last 82 years.
Varty Camp is set under huge trees on the banks of the Sand River with stunning views out and into the surrounding Sabi Sand Reserve teaming with birdife and willdife.
With an emphasis on family, Varty Camp welcomes children with open arms.
The exclusive Londolozi Game Reserve covers 34 580 acres of pristine bushveld in the World famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve of South Africa.
Londolozi offers up the famed "Big 5", wild dog, cheetah and plains game as well as exceptional birdlife.
Londolozi offers her visitors some of the most exceptional wildlife sightings in all of Africa, famous not only for her leopards but big cats in general.
Birders will delight in the 500 plus species found within her area.
Londolozi is a Zulu word meaning "protector of all living things", a conservation philosophy that Londolozi has embraced in its sensitivity to the natural world.
Londolozi Varty Camp offers up ten chalets in total that are luxuriously decorated with echoes of the earth and the surrounding bushveld. All suites have a private plunge pool and viewing deck overlooking the surrounding riverine forest and Sand River.
The eight chalet suites are elevated off the ground in almost tree house like structures, all with under floor heating and air conditioning. All offer indoor and outdoor showers and a fantastically big bath.
Two superior chalets are similar to the eight chalets suite only differing in size and decor.
Dining at Londolozi Varty Camp is a pleasurable experience! Only organic and free-range ingredients are used in all the dishes.
You can choose a romantic dinner in the boma, illuminated by lanterns and candles, dine on your private deck or the unique pleasure of a dinner in the bush.
The wine list is of the highest order with new and exciting ranges being introduced all the time. Other than Champagne, all the wine is procured from the Western Cape region of South Africa.
The main central guest area consists of a large raised wooden deck with views like no other.
A large thatched lounge area luxuriously decorated flows out onto the wooden deck, close to the lounge one will find a bar, dining area, gym and of course that swimming pool.
For those with a keen interest in photography, there is also a professional photo studio available.
Apart from some of the best morning and afternoon game drives on the planet, Londolozi offers the following;
- Dedicated photographic safari vehicles
- Optional private safari vehicles with your own guide and tracker
- A full range of photographic equipment is available for hire
- Private Dinners
- Personalized itinerary for each day
- Bush Walks
- Cultural and local community tours
In a nutshell, your Londolozi safari will be tailor-made for you and for your expectations, desires and needs.
Children over six years of age always have a place at Varty Camp.
The Cubs programme at any of the Londolozi Lodges makes sure that each day is brimming with fun & interest; youngsters discover more about themselves, other individuals and also cultures, friendships, & survival skills. Every skill equipping them for life.
In the comfort of one's suite or private deck, a special treat awaits, enjoy either a Swedish, aromatherapy and reiki massage. A full list of options is available on request or arrival.
There is a dedicated Yoga deck is available with classes that range from beginner to intermediate. As far as we know, Londolozi is the only lodge that offers visitors dedicated Yoga classes.
A gym and fitness centre is available to guests staying at any of the Londolozi lodges. A fully equipped gym with cycling and rowing machines is open 24 hours a day.
- Perfect for families
- The professional photo studio
- Views from the raised deck
- Birdlife sightings
- Private plunge pools
- Fully equipped gym
- Yoga Deck
- All meals, teas and coffees daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Two game drives daily in open Landrovers
- Nature walks accompanied by experienced armed rangers
- One group yoga class per day at Founders Camp
- Fitness Room at Varty Camp
- Children – Cubs Den program
- Transfers to/from Londolozi airstrip to lodge
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Self-drive park entrance fee
- Early morning and late afternoon departures
- Noise impact levy
- Airport taxes or landing fees, where applicable
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, premium brand spirits, cigars & cigarettes
- Londolozi “Life” treatments
- Londolozi “Living” purchases
- SSW Conservation Levy
- Transfers to and from the lodge
- No guide rooms
- Telephone calls
- Private Vehicles