Pioneer Camp Highlights
- Small and intimate
- Large, spacious suites
- Fantastic wildlife sightings
- A birders delight
- The cuisine is out of this world
- A very good wine list
- Exceptional staff and rangers
Londolozi Pioneer Camp Information
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Londolozi Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 3 Private suites
- Recommended stay; 3-5 nights
Secluded and private, Londolozi Pioneer Camp is positioned on the banks of the Sand River within the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
The ideal safari destination for those seeking out the romance of the African bush, perfect for couples or small groups of families or friends. A luxurious bush home offing only three suites that can easily be converted into a private bush home.
Pioneer Camp can sleep groups of between 6 and 14 depending on whether you book out the entire lodge or just a suite. No matter the configuration one is in for a truly fantastic stay in one of the top lodges in Africa.
Londolozi Pioneer Camp is for the sophisticated traveller that is looking for a home from home experience but who is unwilling to budge on luxuries, services and experiences.
The exclusive Londolozi Game Reserve covers 34 580 acres of pristine bushveld in the World famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve of South Africa.
Londolozi offers up the famed "Big 5", wild dog, cheetah and plains game as well as exceptional birdlife.
Londolozi offers her visitors some of the most exceptional wildlife sightings in all of Africa, famous not only for her leopards but big cats in general.
Birders will delight in the 500 plus species found within her area.
Londolozi is a Zulu word meaning "protector of all living things", a conservation philosophy that Londolozi has embraced in its sensitivity to the natural world.
Rooms and Suites
Three gorgeous, spacious suites with sophisticated and modern lines are set under 500-year old ebony trees.
Each suite comes in with a massive 138 m2 of space containing an elegant bedroom with fireplace, a stunning en-suite bathroom (bath, indoor and outdoor showers), a private verandah, plunge pool and of course sala.
Large glass windows with views out into the surrounding bushveld, thatched roofing and interleading walkways are all part and parcel of the Pioneer experience.
Cuisine and Wine
Savour Pan-African cuisine, reflecting the produce and tastes of the continent. This mixture of traditional African recipes is enhanced by Africa's famous spices: saffron, vanilla, cumin and nutmeg.
The dining area and kitchen are open plan, offering an airy, expansive feel and enhancing your enjoyment of these delicious African dishes.
Evening meals may also be enjoyed under the stars in the boma (reeded enclosure).
The Zen lap pool is the perfect spot to escape the heat of an African summers day or simply relax and gaze out over the surrounding bushveld.
The main central guest area is a luxurious affair with large wooden decks, exquisite decor and all under the shade of magnificent ebony trees.
Wi-Fi access, although not the fastest is available throughout.
Apart from some of the best morning and afternoon game drives on the planet, Londolozi offers the following;
- Dedicated photographic safari vehicles
- Optional private safari vehicles with your own guide and tracker
- A full range of photographic equipment is available for hire
- Private Dinners
- Personalized itinerary for each day
- Bush Walks
- Cultural and local community tours
In a nutshell, your Londolozi safari will be tailor-made for you and for your expectations, desires and needs.
Children are most welcome when the entire lodge is booked out by a single party it can accommodate six adults and six children comfortably.
The Cubs programme at any of the Londolozi Lodges makes sure that each day is brimming with fun and interest; youngsters discover more about themselves, other individuals and also cultures, friendships, and survival skills. Every skill equipping them for life.
Spa and Wellness
In the comfort of one's suite or private deck, a special treat awaits, enjoy either a Swedish, aromatherapy and reiki massage. A full list of options is available on request or arrival.
There is a dedicated Yoga deck is available with classes that range from beginner to intermediate. As far as we know, Londolozi is the only lodge that offers visitors dedicated Yoga classes.
A gym and fitness centre is available to guests staying at any of the Londolozi lodges. A fully equipped gym with cycling and rowing machines is open 24 hours a day.
Rates from R22 750.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- All meals, teas and coffees daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Two game drives daily in open Landrovers
- Nature walks accompanied by experienced armed rangers
- One group yoga class per day at Founders Camp
- Fitness Room at Varty Camp
- Children – Cubs Den program
- Transfers to/from Londolozi airstrip to lodge
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Self-drive park entrance fee
- Early morning and late afternoon departures
- Noise impact levy
- Airport taxes or landing fees, where applicable
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, premium brand spirits, cigars & cigarettes
- Londolozi “Life” treatments
- Londolozi “Living” purchases
- SSW Conservation Levy
- Transfers to and from the lodge
- No guide rooms
- Telephone calls
- Private Vehicles