Founders Camp Highlights
- Views from deck and sala
- Private plunge pools
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Sightings of Leopard
- Wildlife surrounding camp
Londolozi Founders Camp Information
- Lodge type; Safari Lodge
- Location; Londolozi Game Reserve
- Lodge size; 10 Chalets
- Recommended stay; 2-5 nights
Londolozi Founders Camp, a classic African safari styled camp which is designed to offer a sophisticated but relaxed luxury experience.
Elevated decks with views out over the river and bushveld are the perfect spots to sit back and enjoy all that is the Sabi Sand.
Founders Camp is more laid back than any of the other Londolozi lodges, it is because of this laid-back atmosphere that Founders is perfect for families of all ages.
The exclusive Londolozi Game Reserve covers 34 580 acres of pristine bushveld in the World famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve of South Africa.
Londolozi offers up the famed "Big 5", wild dog, cheetah and plains game as well as exceptional birdlife.
Londolozi offers her visitors some of the most exceptional wildlife sightings in all of Africa, famous not only for her leopards but big cats in general.
Birders will delight in the 500 plus species found within her area.
Londolozi is a Zulu word meaning "protector of all living things", a conservation philosophy that Londolozi has embraced in its sensitivity to the natural world.
Rooms and Suites
Founder's Camp offers 10 luxurious and enchanting family-friendly suites, all with commanding views of the surrounding African bush. All suites are air-conditioned with en-suite bathrooms, outdoor showers and private plunge pools.
Private verandas lead into the suites that exude luxury in a classic African style with plush leather furniture and exotic mahogany beds with wrap-around mosquito nets.
Cuisine and Wine
With only organic and free-range ingredients used, meals at Founders Camp are of the highest order in keeping with the gastronomic excellence of all the Londolozi camps.
Moonlit bush dinners under the African stars and private bush breakfasts after a morning game drive are a must request when staying here.
The wine list is extensive and impressive by any standards as is the list of single malts and brandies.
A thatched viewing deck and river facing sala are the main attractions in the main guest areas, these areas are perfect for spotting wildlife and birdlife.
An elevated dining area with almost 270 degrees of bushveld views is most certainly a highlight.
A large swimming pool is available for guest to relax at, catch up of sun tanning or simply take refuge from the heat of summer.
Apart from some of the best morning and afternoon game drives on the planet, Londolozi offers the following;
- Dedicated photographic safari vehicles
- Optional private safari vehicles with your own guide and tracker
- A full range of photographic equipment is available for hire
- Private Dinners
- Personalized itinerary for each day
- Bush Walks
- Cultural and local community tours
In a nutshell, your Londolozi safari will be tailor-made for you and for your expectations, desires and needs.
Children are most welcome at Londolozi Founders Camp, three family suites are available as well as most of activities and options.
The Cubs programme at any of the Londolozi Lodges makes sure that each day is brimming with fun & interest; youngsters discover more about themselves, other individuals and also cultures, friendships, & survival skills. Every skill equipping them for life.
Spa and Wellness
In the comfort of one's suite or private deck, a special treat awaits, enjoy either a Swedish, aromatherapy and reiki massage. A full list of options is available on request or arrival.
There is a dedicated Yoga deck is available with classes that range from beginner to intermediate. As far as we know, Londolozi is the only lodge that offers visitors dedicated Yoga classes.
A gym and fitness centre is available to guests staying at any of the Londolozi lodges. A fully equipped gym with cycling and rowing machines is open 24 hours a day.
Rates from R15 750.00 pp
- Per person per night sharing (pp)
- Rates are in South African Rands
- *Rates may vary according to season
- All meals, teas and coffees daily
- Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Two game drives daily in open Landrovers
- Nature walks accompanied by experienced armed rangers
- One group yoga class per day at Founders Camp
- Fitness Room at Varty Camp
- Children – Cubs Den program
- Transfers to/from Londolozi airstrip to lodge
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Self-drive park entrance fee
- Early morning and late afternoon departures
- Noise impact levy
- Airport taxes or landing fees, where applicable
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, premium brand spirits, cigars & cigarettes
- Londolozi “Life” treatments
- Londolozi “Living” purchases
- SSW Conservation Levy
- Transfers to and from the lodge
- No guide rooms
- Telephone calls
- Private Vehicles